Accepted New Job, Not sure if I should go

Options
Hi, I’ve accepted a new job with a great salary, benefits and location but not sure if I should leave my current position even though at my current position I am getting work that other teams used to do in the name of cost cutting, I do get on well with the management also my current place of work is 12 hours 2 days and 2 nights but the new position is normal days.

Also I have Crohn’s disease which i don’t think helps with working nights, any advice would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,753 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What are your concerns about the new job that are making you have second thoughts?
    If the new job is normal days, nights are bad for your health, and it also has better pay, conditions and location it's not obvious on the face of it why you might want to stay where you are.
    Is it just fear of change?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Joe06031990
    Options
    Yeah mainly fear of change,.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,753 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Something made you apply for that job in the first place. That something probably isn't going to change.
    It can be hard leaving your comfort zone with all the what ifs running through your head. But change can be a positive thing - stops you from stagnating for one thing.
    There's always the big list of pros and cons for each job, but it sounds as if you know those already.
    You got this job, so you know you can do interviews. In the event that the job turns out not to be what you want, there's nothing to stop you moving on again.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Blatchford
    Options
    Most people get nerves before a new job, even for some weeks afterwards. Don't fret it. Just focus on the fact that they think you're great and they wanted you on board. They wouldn't have appointed you if they didn't.
  • Mrsn
    Mrsn Posts: 1,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have Ulcerative Colitis and started a completely different change of job in August this year. I was worried about triggers and flare ups but it was the best things I ever did. I’m so much happier, I’m unfortunately in a flare currently but it’s not work related and my boss has been super supportive! If you don’t give it a go you might always wonder what if
  • flanker6
    Options
    Regret the things that you do, not the things that you don't do!

Translated :- Take the new job. You must have wanted it to bother applying. After a brief adjustment period, you'll likely find that you enjoy your new job and won't look back.

Even if you don't, you can move on again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure