Bankrupcy coming off credit file has DECREASED my credit score?

bradders1983
bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 3 December 2019 at 9:59AM in Bankruptcy & living with it
Hi there, I have the Clearscore app and my bankruptcy came off there overnight (from the 5th November 2013)...resulting in my credit score (Equifax) going DOWN 30 points and remaining in the Poor range.

Oddly enough, I checked Experian the other day and that is showing as Good in the 940's range. Why would there be such a huge discrepancy between the two?

Also, I have a default on there from Clydesdale Bank in January 2014, not marked as satisfied and no data updated since...will this drop off anyway soon or do I need to get them to mark it as satisfied as per the Credit File Clean-up template letter?

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    Good news, only you see your credit score so I wouldnt worry about the numbers or if its fair or poor.

Any reason why you havent paid the default or have you paid it and its not showing the correct information?
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    foxy-stoat wrote: »
    Good news, only you see your credit score so I wouldnt worry about the numbers or if its fair or poor.

Any reason why you havent paid the default or have you paid it and its not showing the correct information?

I included it in the bankrupcy petition on the 5th November 2013. So should I just leave it and it will drop off at the start of 2014 anyway? Or will it stay on until they mark the account settled?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure