Gaming PC?

Options
I'm looking to buy a gaming PC for a 9 year old (I know at that age, I was happy with a pack of Crayola and some colouring books! :rotfl:)

She's heavily into Minecraft so need a PC that would be capable of running that but also don't really want to break the bank.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an entry level (or budget) PC that would be worth looking at?

TIA

Comments

• Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    https://www.awd-it.co.uk/awd-it-all-in-one-fortnite-windows-10-ryzen-2300x-gaming-pc-package-if10.html

RAM - recommend change to DDR4 3000
    Graphic card - change it to RX580 for extra 1p
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Minecraft needs very low specs compared to most other modern games that maybe on the shopping list in the near future.

Where are they likely to have an interest after that?

Aim for the recommended spec of a modern game and bump up each stage if funds allow.

Ryzen likes fast RAM so he above change to DDR4 3000 is a good one but i wouldnt go below 16GB these days.

No additional storage, if she gets into something like the SIMS then a larger hard drive would be a must. Lots of expansion packs and some only want to install to the C (main) drive.

You can change that for some, but others crash unless on the main C drive.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Emma_Ryan
    Options
    Why dont you go with a Laptop or an Ipad, Laptop also supports it.
    Laptop like HP Pavilion 3rd or 5th Generation / Gateway / Lenovo can be a good option.
  • JBoy99
    Options
    I would go with a laptop you will just need to get a mouse for a better gaming experience, you could just fold it and put it on the side (you don't need extra desk), and most of the laptops these days can easily handle Minecraft and you can get budget-friendly laptop at any store.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure