Carphone Warehouse PPI

Options
Hi,
I have had 6 Geek squad insurance policies over a period of 7 years, always cancelling after a year into them. I am trying to claim it back but they’re being difficult (of course). I have supplied them the reasons why I felt I was missold them & have told them I am sure I had them covered on the house insurance therefore not needing the extra cover but I am unable to provide the evidence. They are questioning why I took out each policy knowing I had (probably) had insurance. The problem is I cannot remember if I did or not & I cannot access any old house insurance accounts as they are obsolete now.
What further of an argument can I make to help my case?
I feel I have given them all the info I have but how can explain the reasons why I continued to take the policies out with each new phone contract? (They were for my children as well to cover their phones).
Any advice would be gratefully received!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Your home insurance wouldn't have any overlap with your PPI policies so it's not surprising they're not upholding your complaint.
  • cam269
    cam269 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks but can you be a bit clearer on what you’re saying?
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    you have no proof of any miss selling.
    You boujght the insurance, you didnt need to make any claims.

Think yourself lucky that you and your children didnt have to go through the trauma of either losing their phones or being mugged and having them stolen.....

Again, you have no proof, move on.....
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    cam269 wrote: »
    Thanks but can you be a bit clearer on what you’re saying?
    Your house insurance would not provide the same (or "overlap") cover as the PPI. In other words, your house insurance would not replace a lost or stolen 'phone..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure