Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 April 2018 at 2:17PM
    Options
    Heinz soup glitch (and maybe other brands in 5 for £3) possibly back on today? For one day only.

Heinz soups have lost their mbuy again on A online. Are they still 5 for £3 instore today as they went from 5 for £3 to 95p (when we bought them as they were 5 for £3 instore) to 5 for £3 online and have now gone back to 95p?

It seems the offer was rolled over, as one of my stores put it back onto the SELs on the afternoon we were buying (they were 5 for £3 instore throughout that day of course as originally due to end the day after) and the mbuy reappeared online after we bought. It seems conceivable that there could be a 5 for £3 instore in A today and that the offer could be ending in A tomorrow as I note the 5 for £3 in M (obviously according to online as I have no clue from instore:rotfl:) is valid until today.

Not that I need any more Heinz soups at the moment:rotfl:.

The A offer may be ending generally as items other than the Heinz 400g soups are also, it seems, showing straight prices online. There could be other items in the offer (if it exists as I suspect it does) that may now have good comparisons against elsewhere - I do not know whether or what competitor prices may have changed between last week and now and no time to check.
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I have just been and checked 3 other bags and found my driving licence in the zip pocket of the last one. :o

It was huge bag can't remember where on earth I took it to need transferring my licence from my usual handbag. :eek:

I guess it will come to me at some point...

I know DM it's my age. :rotfl:

Might be worth scanning it or taking a photo of it and keeping a copy on your phone and hard drive. If you really lose it, it would make it easier to get another one perhaps? And sometimes people will be happy with the scan of your licence. I use the Stocard app on my iphone to store cards. A John Lewis SA told me about it and he could scan my JL card from the app.
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    underperky wrote: »
    Good morning every one ....as it is my 60th next week I have booked to go to New York for 8 days ......... turning into a pensioner disgracefully

My 60th is in June and I have bought myself a piano to celebrate! I just wish I could afford to retire...

Benefits of being 60:
    • free prescriptions and eye tests
    • Boots Advantage card extra points
    • Railcard
    • If in London, free tube and bus travel I think
    • National Trust pensioner rate (but join the Scottish NT instead as it is cheaper)

What have I missed?
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    underperky wrote: »
    Good morning every one ....as it is my 60th next week I have booked to go to New York for 8 days ......... turning into a pensioner disgracefully
    Well done you!

When people question my sometimes weird hair colours I just tell them that I'm growing old disgracefully!
  • pippo
    Options
    Crikey, well quiet today!
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    35d64b8acdc6500b2494bb55273dc09e.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• pippo
    Options
    Well the dusting, decorating etc continues!!

The grumpy one has now b@ggered my Dyson stick thing, He has an adversion to using the big old Dyson monster.
    No probs I thought yesterday, we haven't had it that long.... can I heck find any trace of where or when I bought it:eek: I know I can be dizzy at times, but even if I hadn't filed the receipt we should still have the instruction leaflet... nowhere to be found!
    If I buy online I always keep copies of the relevant paperwork... 2 hours searching... no!
    My neighbour, who borrowed it once says 'you had a voucher when you bought it'... that hasn't helped!

Local 'strange but good' Dyson repairman won't touch it so off to contact dyson!:mad:
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Tesco.net email address service will be closed down on 27 June - if you've got one of these accounts you'll need to move to an alternative provider.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    pippo wrote: »

The grumpy one has now b@ggered my Dyson stick thing, He has an adversion to using the big old Dyson monster.
    No probs I thought yesterday, we haven't had it that long.... can I heck find any trace of where or when I bought it:eek: I know I can be dizzy at times, but even if I hadn't filed the receipt we should still have the instruction leaflet... nowhere to be found!
    If I buy online I always keep copies of the relevant paperwork... 2 hours searching... no!
    My neighbour, who borrowed it once says 'you had a voucher when you bought it'... that hasn't helped!

Local 'strange but good' Dyson repairman won't touch it so off to contact dyson!:mad:

Check your ebay history, if you ever buy from ebay because the Dyson shop have had some good discounts or tesco direct have had them on offer a few times. HTH.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    pippo wrote: »

Would you have mentioned it on here when you got it? Is it worth searching to see if you did?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport