PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Friday 6th July 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Nelski wrote: »
    Morning :wave:

Off to Blackpool tomorrow for a book club meet/ginfest/afternoon tea. Staying in a prom front hotel which is going to be such a laugh ...been many a year since I did Blackpool landlords/ladies in fact the last time if my memory serves me well was with my adopted mum Jackie....wish you were coming again Jacks you would love the planned ginfest :D

Good morning chums ,what a great weekend that was Nelski, the gin fest sounds brilliant, and right up my street.

Sitting up until the early hours, laughing like drains, and swigging vino collapsio, quite riotous for us all, and took years off of me :):):) The great thing aboiut growing old is actually how much fun you can have, as you stop fretting about what people think of you, or what you look like ,or what you were.:D;)It was a brilliant night wasn't it.

My eldest DD would have heartiliy disapproved, and my youngest would have joined in :):). Have a brilliant time honey and raise a glass to the old lady in Kent :):):)

Today's plan has gone out of the window, as normally I have History this afternoon but I think either my sink, or my washing machine has sprung a leak as the skirting board was wet last night, so I have Keith the plumber coming today and have to stay in as it depends on when he finishes his other job as he will come to me afterwards.

He's a good chap and will find the leak and fix it hopfully, so its a day indoors today until he arrives .

I don't mind as was planning a NSD anyway I shall get my first shop of the month tomorrow as planned when the footballs on and the shops will be quiet;)

Looks like its going to be another scorcher today with highs of 28-9c, so feet up and watch the tennis with some knitting I think and a big jug of something cold
    Its my youngest DGD Holly's 25th birthday today and its always a warm one, no doubt see her at some point today

Keep cool and well hydrated chums Lots of fluids help keep the headaches at bay

Have a good'un whatever you are doing

JackieO xxx
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Nelski have a fab time...can I guess which hotel?!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Mrs TA, you continue to be in my thoughts, I really hope that a way forward can be found for your husband.

Gers hope they sort your Mum out, its better she stays were she is until her heart rate is stable. I understand the fridge clearing, some years ago a friend was taken to hospital with food poisoning, her daughter, who lived in Kent, asked me if I would keep an eye on her. I sorted the fridge and then went into the freezer.........there was stuff in there that was years old..........by the time I had finished sorting out there were two empty drawers in the freezer and the one full drawer was full of meals I had cooked with what I managed to salvage.

Gosh it was hot last night, I did manage to sleep but on top of the bed threw the light duvet onto the floor......its cloudy now but they tekk us its going to burn off. I hope its not too ht we are going to visit my quilting friend and she insists on sitting in her conservatory which faces south and is like an oven even with the doors open. I just do not do heat these days.

I nipped over to see my neighbour with some flowers yesterday, she was okish, just a few tears, she has her right arm bandages from her hand to the top of her arm. She has to go back to get it dressed again on Monday. Her son and daughter in law are coming from South Africa for 6 weeks next week, so she will have some company.

We spent most of yesterday reading in the sitting room, even though the sun was off the front I had to have the fan on. The butterflies continue to settle on the lavender, if you walk down the path from the gate clouds of them fly up.

Our usual fish and chips tonight, we have some rasps left from last night so they will do for dessert with a blob of cornish ice cream.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,586 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dumpling, yes it's where the Yorkshire vet is and the home of James Herriot. DD is friendly with his granddaughter although she didn't know until her wedding because of course her surname was Wight, Herriot's real name.

Silver-oldie, grr at son and d-i-l for disappointing you again.

Ziggy is walked and it was reasonably cool thank goodness, but I blistered my other heel which is annoying. I just have to make my lunch, put the contents of the fridge in the cold bag and pack the car then I can go.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    Nelski have a fab time...can I guess which hotel?!

you can try ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yay how good is my plumber ,bless him He is the chap who did my bathroom about 4 years ago and when I rang him last night he said don't panic I'll nip in on my way home from work and have a look.Duely turned up moved the washing machine out and said not to worry I've spotted it

All it was where the pipe went into the sink from the washing machine thare was a tiny leak at the fitting He took it off slapped a load of jollop into the joint refixed it and said 'sorted' !! and wouldn't even take any money for his visit What a gentleman made this old woman very happy I am so pleased I asked him to tile my outside porch for me as its a long overdue job that really needs doing so after my holiday I will ring him up and sort out a date for him to start He really is a lovely chap and will do anything to help you out if he can :):):)
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all
    Apologies for being MIA yesterday and my lateness today but I have been busy, busy, busy and I just don't know where the time has gone.
    Yesterday we watched DGS's assembly about the Rainforest , he and two other boys really enjoyed the dancing. Imagine the hula dance, done with gusto and unco-ordination. Two boys would go one way and one another way and as DGS was in the middle he eventually did his own thing and gave up trying to get all three of them together. Made for a great comedy sketch :rotfl:.

Tea last night was hot dogs, french fries and followed by a Rocky road mud cake with cream, all eaten and enjoyed al fresco. Then we had a thunder storm and heavy rain for 20 mins, it was heavenly and we all watched the rain through the patio doors whilst eating lollipops. All visitors left by 7.30pm and an early night was in order. It was much cooler and I slept for 11 hours solid, must have needed that.

Today Mr Fix It decided to do some upcycling ( we kept our old front and back doors ) and replace an outhouse door. " Won't take long " yeah right :(. Took us all day and still there is no handle on it ! I also did a load in the WM and picked yet more blackcurrants, probably another pound left to ripen, in between "hold this" and "can you get me...... ?" and making umpteen drinks. By golly it were rite hot too, 29 degrees :eek:. Mr Fix It has requested that we carry on tomorrow too, only 2 more doors to go ! Can you hear me groan ? ( Mind you it has been on my "to do" list for a very, very, long time)
    Tea tonight was a salad ( half of which I managed to throw on the floor :( ) as I was too hot and bothered to cook.
    Hope everyone has had a reasonably good day.

MrsSD lovely to see you posting and also SilverOldie
    I shall send my love and many hugs to all tonight as most of you seem to be struggling with either OH's, children, parents and/or life in general.
    Take care all.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure