PCP question

Options
Hi Here is the story.
I bought an BMW i8 in an official bmw dealership in November, when I picked up the car, the USB port was broken and they suggested me to go to BMW oxford to fix it. After one week, the fuel cap warning night came on. I booked in the car to BMW North Oxford and the earliest booking wasin December and they told me the fuel cap and pressure sensor was broken. Also suggested the car rear tyres needed to be changed as they only got 1.9 mm left but the car was done less than 1000 miles since I bought it and drove for only two weeks as I wasn't in UK for two weeks. The dealership suggested they will pay for the tyres (still no payment received till now) and the battery upgrade for the car. After I wait for one week, the car was fixed but the battery couldn't be upgraded because it didn't fit. After three days, the car coolant warning light came up, I drove to the dealership again and they said the coolant tank needed to be replaced. Wait for another two days, the car was fixed. Then on new year day, the car drivetrain warning light came up. I had file a formal complaint to the dealership regarding the tyres and they admitted that they forgot to check the tyres, in this case did they broke the finance agreement as I am paying by bmw finance and it stated that the bmw approved used car needed to be gone through a full inspection and tyre condition was one of the part needed to be check, so am I able to reject the car as they provided me a "non approved used" car due to missing checks on the car? Also it was only one of the components and I was afraid they might miss other checks on the car as well?

Comments

• fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Provided they have been willing and able to fix the faults on the car (it sounds as though they have) and that all the necessary checks have now been done, you don't have a case to reject the car.
  • nokiatang
    Options
    Hi but if they failed to check some or the component through inspection because of the technician switch over, they might fail to check other components as well, in this case, the car they sold me is not an approved used car, so why I can't I reject the car even if they broke the agreement by supply me a non approved used car?
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not sure what to make of it, you identified faults which were promptly fixed.

When they were fixed the dealer kindly let you know that your tyres where 0.3 m away from the legal limit and suggested you change them.....the supplying dealer has already said they would buy you new tires.

If they forgot to look at the tires then its their bad, but they bought you new ones...I don't think it makes the finance invalid because they overlooked the tires...if it does you need to settle the finance in full immediately.

As for rejecting the car - the law is clear on this and I don't think you have grounds to do it without a battle, in the hope that they probably didn't check other components, which you will probably lose. Push them for a free service or 2 and enjoy your i8.
  • nokiatang
    Options
    Yes they admitted that they forgot to check both tyres. Also they said they are gonna pay for it but they never pay for it. In fact, I sent them my bank detail and asked them to pay for it and they lost my full bank detail. I was not sure what compensation I want to get as it was so bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure