Any recommendations for eyelash growth serums?

Options
2»

Comments

• olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    cashewnut wrote: »
    Can't it permanent change your eye colour? Not worth it for longer lashes!

I have to use one of these medications. I've had a lot of the side effects, including eye colour change (my irises are heading towards black at the moment, from dark blue) and wonderful eye lashes. I'm happy with that because the alternative is way, way worse.

As a cosmetic enhancement though, without the need for the medication, then I concur with your comments. I wouldn't choose to have these.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    cashewnut wrote: »
    Can't it permanent change your eye colour? Not worth it for longer lashes!

You don’t use it as an eye drop, it comes in an applicator like a mascara. Side effects are that it can darken the skin where the serum touches and also make hair grow anywhere else that the drug touches so if you’re like me and blink a line of mascara under your eyes you’ll end up with a weird extra line of hair on the top of your cheek.
  • paj1193
    Options
    I use castor oil frequently for hair growth on my scalp. I typically do a hot oil treatment twice a week with a combination of Castor, Almond, and Vitamin E oils. I've also tested the formula on my eyebrows by applying a small amount before going to sleep. It has made a huge difference in my hair and eyebrows; it just requires consistency. I imagine it would have similar results for lashes as well. You just need to be patient with this treatment; it took about four to six months to see a noticeable difference in my hair growth.
    Lost is a lovely place to find yourself.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    paj1193 wrote: »
    I use castor oil frequently for hair growth on my scalp. I typically do a hot oil treatment twice a week with a combination of Castor, Almond, and Vitamin E oils. I've also tested the formula on my eyebrows by applying a small amount before going to sleep. It has made a huge difference in my hair and eyebrows; it just requires consistency. I imagine it would have similar results for lashes as well. You just need to be patient with this treatment; it took about four to six months to see a noticeable difference in my hair growth.

paj1193. Would you mind giving me the approx % breakdown of the oils that you use please? I have recently started a prescribed medication, one of the main side effects is hair loss and I am keen to mitigate this as much as possible. It may seem shallow, but if it was severe I am of a mind to stop taking it, getting old is OK and reduced mobility may have to be lived with, but major hair loss:eek::eek:
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sammyjammy wrote: »

Thank you, I will get mixing:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure