DMP mutual support thread part 13 !!

Options

Comments

• Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Stelsue1 wrote: »
    Thanks suseeka sorry if the quote hasn't worked as im not technical. My O/H is not very credit orientated. I've been speaking to a friend who works in a bank today she's been amazing support. Who seems to think it will only affect joint credit but we will see. Thank you for all the support. I had a bad night last night super emotional but today I got my fresh bank account the lady was amazing also told me about her DMP that was the best decision she ever made which also put my mind at ease. Just currently clearing out my old account which will be used in DMP as I have a 1K over draft. I have got some contingencies plus a nice overtime fund coming in this month so will be covered for a bit . I feel so much more positive. I have also qualified for a standard account which is can get reward for money being paid in (no set amount) I feel really positive at the min. My next step is to contact all creditors and inform of SC involvement and also not to contact me via phone. You guys are amazing x:T

Great news and good to hear you have support from someone who has experience of a DMP. We all share the same view.. once the DMP kicks in and everything settles down, you'll breathe a sigh of relief in the knowledge that you have made the right decision and a debt free future is ahead of you. Good luck with it.
  • Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    mary_hinge wrote: »
    Hi, I've had a dmp with SC for a number of years until February when I stopped payments and closed it down. I am currently contacting my 3 creditors to offer token payments but yet to receive an answers. I guess I'm wanting some experiences with Wescot, Link and Lowell please? Thanks. Ms H x

You'll be fine with Westcott, as had been said - they only manage, but my experience with them in the past was positive. I've no experience of Lowell - but don't expect to hear anything back from LINK in any sort of timely manner. They are dreadful at responding to letters, but that'll work in your favour if you are looking to drop them to tokens because it'll probably take them ages to notice :rotfl:
  • Stelsue1
    Stelsue1 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    [Great news and good to hear you have support from someone who has experience of a DMP. We all share the same view.. once the DMP kicks in and everything settles down, you'll breathe a sigh of relief in the knowledge that you have made the right decision and a debt free future is ahead of you. Good luck with it.][/QUOTE]
    Thank you so much. Here's to the beginning of the start of a clean slate and living a best life:D
  • NowInspired
    Options
    mary_hinge wrote: »
    Hi,

I've had a dmp with SC for a number of years until February when I stopped payments and closed it down. I am currently contacting my 3 creditors to offer token payments but yet to receive an answers. I guess I'm wanting some experiences with Wescot, Link and Lowell please?

Thanks

Ms H x

Hi
    We've had experience with Wescot and have found them very easy to deal with, so I wouldn't worry about them.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    edited 27 April 2019 at 9:00AM
    Options
    Morning all

Just a quick question from me please.

Anyone have any idea how long creditors are likely to accept token payments for. My reason for asking is we will be currently going down to one wage coming in and things are about to get super tight in the Motivated household. :(

DH is off work and is unlikely to be paid in line with his employee conditions etc. He will probably be entitled to statutory sick pay which as far as I'm aware is about £90 per week :eek:

Unbeknown to me he has taken out a couple of loans with Satsuma thinking he was somehow helping. I have no idea what they will think or do. Now I'm at the point of what now!!

I feel a stress alert coming and need some reassurance, guidance and advice please as we have taken 52 steps backwards
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    Morning all

Just a quick question from me please.

Anyone have any idea how long creditors are likely to accept token payments for. My reason for asking is we will be currently going down to one wage coming in and things are about to get super tight in the Motivated household. :(

DH is off work and is unlikely to be paid in line with his employee conditions etc. He will probably be entitled to statutory sick pay which as far as I'm aware is about £90 per week :eek:

Unbeknown to me he has taken out a couple of loans with Satsuma thinking he was somehow helping. I have no idea what they will think or do. Now I'm at the point of what now!!

I feel a stress alert coming and need some reassurance, guidance and advice please as we have taken 52 steps backwards
    M

Hi Motivated,

Sorry to hear things are bumpy right now.. Not sure if you are with a charity or self managed? I am self managed and have been paying each creditor a fiver per month since 2016 due to circumstances... all backed up with an i & e of course. No issues from any creditors...

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Hi Motivated,

Sorry to hear things are bumpy right now.. Not sure if you are with a charity or self managed? I am self managed and have been paying each creditor a fiver per month since 2016 due to circumstances... all backed up with an i & e of course. No issues from any creditors...

Puzz. x

Hi Puzz and thankyou

We are self managing and so far things have been ok. Dropped to token payments for a few months and all has been well. I am worried that adding more debt will just tip things over the edge.

I'm thinking of going to the bank this morning and asking them to stop any cpa payments from going and then writing to creditors (new ones included) and moving forward again.

Does this sound like a doable plan?
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Puzz and thankyou

We are self managing and so far things have been ok. Dropped to token payments for a few months and all has been well. I am worried that adding more debt will just tip things over the edge.

I'm thinking of going to the bank this morning and asking them to stop any cpa payments from going and then writing to creditors (new ones included) and moving forward again.

Does this sound like a doable plan?
    M

Sounds like a plan. X
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm thinking of going to the bank this morning and asking them to stop any cpa payments form going and then writing to creditors (new ones included) and moving forward again.
    That sounds like a great plan. If it were me, I would take a letter to the bank, so that you have a paper trail. Also write to Satsuma stating that you have permanently withdrawn authority for the CPA to be debited.

Try not to worry too much. Sometimes things happen and you end up taking a couple of steps backward. That is perfectly normal :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • lola_girl
    lola_girl Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just thought I would update 6-7 months into my DMP for any newbies starting out.
    I started with stepchange in September 2018 and after the first missed payments there were phonecalls and letters... I have 6 creditors. I unplugged the home phone and didn't answer my mobile and sent letters to them all explaining I was working with SC.
    All accepted the much reduced payments and all stopped interest and charges straight away. I had no more phonecalls and very few letters.
    It has been fairly plain sailing since then. I have done a review over the phone with SC due to a change in finances ( a reduction) and all was fine again.
    5 out of the 6 creditors have defaulted me already - Tesco and Barclaycard being the most efficient there!
    2 accounts - Barclaycard and MBNA have now referred the account on to PRA and Moorcroft respectively. I had my first phone conversation with Moorcroft yesterday and it was absolutely fine - they just took the SC reference and agreed the payment plan.

So I just wanted to say to anyone worrying about the first few months - it really isn't as bad as you think, more an admin task than something to keep you up at night worrying.
    Next for me - well in the next few months I will go self managed. 3 accounts are pre-April 2007 so I will be sending CCA requests for those. My DMP won't be finished before the 6 year default markers are off but I will need to take a mortgage in my own name at that point so that is my goal!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback