TSB Current Account Switch Blagged Deal

Options

Comments

• Former_MSE_Ryan
    Options
    It sounds as though this is an issue at TSB's side then unfortunately.

In terms of completing the switch over the phone, this could affect the switching bonus so we would not suggest this unless the advisor at TSB was able to guarantee you would still be eligible for the bonus.

Hope this helps,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
  • Birdwell
    Options
    I opened an account a few months ago. Am I still able to switch and get £100?

From the page with the TSB details:
    Can I have more than one account? You can only open two accounts if one is a single and one is a joint account
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chambta wrote: »
    I've just applied online and have been given a sort code and account number already. Hopefully getting the £100 is as easy.

Like you I applied online and have been given a sort code and account number.

What have you done about switching? I don't want to set up the switch until I have got my login details from TSB so I can see what is going on with my account. Hopefully that will be sorted out next week so the switch can be completed by end December to ensure we get the £100!
  • ST-User
    Options
    Finally I did it! :-)
    I waited 24 hours as TSB tech support advised and successfully opened two accounts last Saturday 3.30 a.m.
  • Cookiecrumble
    Options
    Hi, Anyone know how long from opening the a/c that TSB pays the bonus?
  • Former_MSE_Ryan
    Options
    Hi, Anyone know how long from opening the a/c that TSB pays the bonus?

Hi there,

The cashback should be paid to your account within 28 days of the switch completing, as long as you've met the terms and conditions.

Thanks,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
  • Norscbu
    Norscbu Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    should probably be un-stickied now
  • Emmavescence
    Options
    I managed to switch to TSB using this deal effective 19th Dec, but I've not been able to access my transactions or statements ever since! There's an error on both the desktop and mobile app versions of their internet banking, saying I can't access transactions made before my name was on the account. It's not a joint account, and my name definitely has not changed.

I've made two calls to TSB so far: one where they told me this was a known issue and it would be resolved within 24 hours, and that I could expect to access my account normally before Christmas, and the second call on 29th Dec where I was told this story was complete rubbish, they didn't have a clue how to fix the problem yet for people who'd been switched and had their accounts messed up, and therefore I would be without access to my account for an unknown duration of time. Also that they weren't going to notify me when it was fixed, and I should just "keep trying" every couple of days.

I'm furious that I was lied to with such conviction and certainty on the first call (based on false information!), and also that my bank account remains inaccessible to me in any meaningful fashion 2 weeks after a switch. This is not how to impress new customers.

I'm at a loss really... I'll be writing a letter of complaint (I couldn't register one over the phone without spending another 20 mins on the line), but I don't expect this is going to speed along my account access. My scheduled payments are still going in and out, so I gather, but I can't log in and confirm this myself, and I can't keep on top of my budgeting as a result.

Rubbish switching experience. :mad:
  • Gary1963
    Gary1963 Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I switched.....still waiting for the £100!!
  • Cookiecrumble
    Options
    Received £100 bonus exactly 28 days after opening.☺
    Time to switch again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business