Civil Service Security Clearance

Options
I had an interview for the civil service. I've been put through security clearance and I've been told they want to hire me. However after numerous interviews ive not yet heard back on anything, its been just about a month.

Im very confused and left in limbo...Have i gotten the job? Am I still being considered?

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,500 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    The Civil Service does have a 'different' recruitment process to most organisations. Some people are totally rejected, some people are offered employment immediately and some end up on what is effectively a waiting list. It's possible that you are on the waiting list but one month is not a long time to wait in Civil Service terms. When I applied I had the tests and interviews in March and heard nothing more until June when I received the job offer. I certainly wouldn't right your chances off for a while yet.
  • What level security clearance are you going through?
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,750 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    djm93 wrote: »
    I had an interview for the civil service. I've been put through security clearance and I've been told they want to hire me. However after numerous interviews ive not yet heard back on anything, its been just about a month.

Im very confused and left in limbo...Have i gotten the job? Am I still being considered?

Your use of the word 'gotten' suggests you may not be a native-born UK dweller - in which case security clearance, which can take ages anyway, is going to take even longer.

Give it another couple of weeks and then ring them to politely enquire(!) when you can expect a start date.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure