Looking at getting married in Zante in 2020. Looking for practical help/advise

Options
Hi
If you have already read this as ive had this in the marriages forum my apologies as i posted in the wrong forum originally.

My partner and i are looking at getting married in aug/sept 2020.
We both have been married before and registry office wedding doesn’t sound appealing to either of us but that just our opinion. We would love to get married somewhere like Mauritius on a tropical beach but as we want our families there Mauritius isn't practical. So we are thinking about Zante but were open to similar areas/places. We want it to be on a beach or cove or at least overlooking one. We want to do it so it can be incorporated into a holiday for our family's and friends, .The people that would be attending are immediate family and close personal friends who we have spoken to about this and are up for coming and to budget for that is partly why we are waiting to next yr. Our kids are grown up and though we couldn’t afford to pay for them to come we would try to help with the cost if needed.
So what im asking is if anyone has practical advise or has done similar themselves have names of companies that you may have used if you thought they were anygood anything else that could be useful. Can maybe point out pitfalls to look for or money saving ideas that would help.
Thank you
Richard W
Richard W

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Hi
    If you have already read this as ive had this in the marriages forum my apologies as i posted in the wrong forum originally.

My partner and i are looking at getting married in aug/sept 2020.
    We both have been married before and registry office wedding doesn’t sound appealing to either of us but that just our opinion. We would love to get married somewhere like Mauritius on a tropical beach but as we want our families there Mauritius isn't practical. So we are thinking about Zante but were open to similar areas/places. We want it to be on a beach or cove or at least overlooking one. We want to do it so it can be incorporated into a holiday for our family's and friends, .The people that would be attending are immediate family and close personal friends who we have spoken to about this and are up for coming and to budget for that is partly why we are waiting to next yr. Our kids are grown up and though we couldn’t afford to pay for them to come we would try to help with the cost if needed.
    So what im asking is if anyone has practical advise or has done similar themselves have names of companies that you may have used if you thought they were anygood anything else that could be useful. Can maybe point out pitfalls to look for or money saving ideas that would help.
    Thank you
    Richard W
    Hi
    Did you take this advice from your original thread?
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Head over to the Zante board on Tripadvisor.
    I'd guess that there'll be people asking the same question on there.
    Not specifically Zante but I've seen lots of questions about weddings/wedding planners/locations on various Greek boards on TA.
    Lindos on Rhodes is popular as a wedding destination.
    As is Skiathos.
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,178 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There are lots of places in the UK where you can get married overlooking the sea - eg Portland, Dorset, Isle of Wight, Devon, Cornwall. There's a spactacular cliff top venue in Porthleven.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure