PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 13th January 2019

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Our usual relaxed start to Sunday, breakfast in bed, just about to have a cuppa.

Have prepped the veg for supper and also put on a pot of scotch broth. Soaked broth mix, yellow lentils and some of our own beans overnight, all in the PKP doing its stuff.

Grey day, its raining, I really hate this damp grey weather, snow and sun I can cope with as long as I am well wrapped up. I do not do cold wind well either.

OH is doing ok just now, he is spending his time between the history of the village, his weather forecasting, playing games on his IPad, reading or half an hour in the garden, that depends on the weather of course.

Scotch broth and bread for lunch. OH has yogurt I have an apple. Roast pork, veg and roasties for supper, have the makings of a rhubarb crumble out as well, waiting for the rhubarb to defrost. I have just enough fruit in the freezer to make another one, that will be all last years fruit used up.

Freezer diving this morning I found a pound of butter I forgot we had, so no butter needed this week from Aldi.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:
    I am still having trouble sleeping at night but managed to go back to bed this morning and slept till 10.30 which has made me a feel a little more human :D. I can fall asleep in a minute once I am in bed but I only sleep for 2 hours tops before I am wide awake again. It's a bit annoying but I am very thankful I don't have to go to work or anything like that so I can nana nap as needed.

We are having a roast beef dinner this evening and Steve has promised me he will make some yorkshire puds. I can't make them at all and his are gorgeous so that will be fab. There is no dessert today so I am expecting some whinging from the kids but it is just tough. The amusing thing is that I have had to send Phoebe over to Tesco to buy a load more fuit as they have all scoffed what was in the fruit bowl when normally I would end up throwing stuff away :rotfl:. It can only be good for them :D.

I had a phonecall from my friend's son yesterday looking for her. Apparently she told her family she was staying here but I told him that I hadn't seen her since Thursday and she stayed in a hotel. I didn't say she was with someone else but I hope she surfaces soon and goes back home as they must be worried sick. I am trying not to think about it all too much.

I hope everyone enjoys their quiet day. I am going to finish knitting a llama as you do and then plan my next project. Take care everyone xx
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning (just) people. I wish I could say I have slept in but sadly I am still waking at 3.00 a.m. It gets wearing day after b****y day and I am permanently like a wet rag.

I have been MIA for a few days as I seemed to hit a right downer. My friend says it's still very early days and I can't expect to bounce back so quickly and just go with the flow. I gave in yesterday and spent the entire day in front of the tv, intermittently dozing an then prising myself off the sofa for comfort food. I kicked off with one of my favourite old films - Mrs Miniver. I love that film.

Today I feel a bit less miserable and bereft and have tackled a few jobs. I like to have a variety of soups in the freezer (just call me Mrs Heinz) to have with a sarnie for my lunches this cold weather, so a big pan of celery has been made, blitzed up and now in the freezer potted up in portions.

One portion has been left out to have with a cheese and ham toastie for my lunch. I got a chicken fillet out to defrost for tonight and have topped it with a cheese and leek crumble mix (copied from a rm I got in Aldi a while back) and will have with hm potato wedges and some salad.

Have a good day folks if you can and ((HUGS)) as always for all the poorlies, sad, worried or lonely amongst us. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    I was going to say good morning but suddenly it is the afternoon.

I'm just about to prep the veg and make stuffing for tonight's dinner, roast chicken etc. Dumpling I almost never make pudding, there is always fruit. So on the rate puddingy occasions, it is regarded as a special treat.

CRANKY40 I'm afraid it is just one of the patterns I regularly use for bears and I'd share it but is copyrighted. I do plan to ask the publisher if I can share as it is for charitable purposes. I just don't much like the regular trauma ted pattern.

Nothing much to report, my life is not fascinating at present!
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all
    I'm not quite so afraid to move today, but my hip is still painful, although it has lessened ( the pain not my hip :rotfl: ). I had a reasonable sleep last night but woke up about 3.30 am to a loud bang, looked out the window to see over the roads bins on their side, must have been a big gust of wind because there was no one about.
    Dad rang this morning and he's decided to stay at home because of his cold, I offered to send his lunch up but he said that he had taken one out of his freezer. So now there's only 2 of us and we have decided to have lunch at tea time, steak pie, mash and veg for me and Mr Fix It wants chips instead of mash.
    Not much happening here today, we shall probably watch a film or two :D

Kitty hello :wave:
    Cranky thank you and I hope you feel better too.

Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday. Hugs to all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TA - thinking of you so much and wishing easier days for you. You are doing so well xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Despite what I said earlier I had to go out! The other day I bought ingredients for my lunch thinking I had a pot of sour cream in the fridge which would be a good enough substitute for creme fraiche - and I didn't. Blooming nuisance, so I braved the weather and got the creme fraiche and saved the rest of the ingredients. Lunch was delicious (cauliflower cheese) matched with lovely pork belly.

My printer wouldn't update and so wouldn't print so I've moved it over to the other router, the update whizzed through in two minutes so that's working again. I ventured into the small barn and brought out a load of 'stuff' which will go the CS this week. I can't keep things which are unwanted just because someone gave them to me. A gifted box on unwanted shortbread was taken to work last week which will be soon eaten up. I'm a bit particular about shortbread and this was the hard fingers type and not the very short crumbly ones with delicous flavour.
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I've had a lovely day visiting DD and baby at the hospital. DD had her out for a cuddle and she was very wriggly! She has had the canullas - not sure of spelling! - taken out of her arms and just has her feeding tube and oxygen mask now. The doctors are really pleased with her and may try her without the mask tomorrow, with little 'prongs' up her nose to help with breathing instead. DD changed her nappy while I was there....her little legs look like they could snap but she managed no problem. I'm a besotted granny!
    DDs wound is healing up now with the antibiotics but is still quite sore.
    Can't remember if I wrote on Friday but my mam loved meeting her new great grand daughter - she has 5 'greats' now.
    Hope everyone has had a good weekend.....I'm looking forward to Call the Midwife tonight
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    dp1, pleased you've had a lovely day with your granddaughter, of course you're a besotted granny!!
    Hope your daughter soon feels better, and the baby continues to do well
  • cliffsgirl
    Options
    It’s blowy here in Northern Ireland too. Big hugs TA when I lost my dear dad I had good days and bad days. You think your doing ok then it just hits you again. Just a normal day here working, had a lovely roast chicken dinner. Booked a wee break to Benidorm in March so have to tighten the belts now to save the spending money!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure