PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 11th April 2018

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Hi Holly, thanks for starting us off, I hope you managed to get a bit more sleep and thank you for the birthday wishes :D.

I managed to sleep until 2ish and then came downstairs to find a lovely stack of cards on my desk. I held off from opening them until just now but I have had some lovely cards and lots of cash from my family so I can go shopping. I have some gifts from the girls but I will wait to open those once they get up so I can thank them properly.

I have my friend coming over to see me this morning so that will be fab and then I am off with my lovely cmht lady for a cuppa and some cake so I am just waiting for Steve to wake up before I get washed and dressed ready for the day ahead.

We are having pizza for tea by popular request so at least I don't have to do any cooking apart from bunging them in the oven. Phoebe is going to make me a cake later as well so that is dessert sorted.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning Holly and all,

Holly whilst I understand the need for you to not let this go, I would feel better if someone else was fighting your corner. Emotionally your very vulnerable right now and I worry you might be taking on a little too much for you to cope with. Maybe an external organisation such as MIND could help. I'm not sure as what else to suggest but your state of mind is paramount.

Early start for me. Blackun has disgraced herself all over my living room carpet. I've cleaned it up as much as I can but the carpet cleaner is going to have to come out when its a bit lighter. I've been pushing Grump for a Luxury vinyl floor for months. I'm going to have to nag him even harder...my Baby girl is going to have to crawl on a very hygienic carpet. No matter how thorough I am at cleaning the carpet it's never going to be as clean as a steam cleaned floor.

Rant over and praying for no more surprises today...

Onwards and forwards whilst wishing Dumpling a happy birthday.

Have a great day all
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Hollyharvey - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, drying underfoot but still feels very damp and sky is very cloudy and dull. Will check the forecast and peg out a line of washing if it looks like it may get line dried.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, I'll wake him shortly as he may want a lift again this morning.

Dinner last night was fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg, cheesecake for dessert. I remembered to get pork steaks and sausages out to defrost, they will be for tonight's dinner with mash, LO cauli/broc cheese, LO yorkshires, carrots and gravy.

Yesterday work was slow to start but then quite manic as we just don't have enough staff and we're still struggling with technology problems, pleased today is my last day this week until Monday. We'll see what today brings. I'm working all day.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all, I shall be going in late as in the past month I have racked up nearly 2 weeks worth of extra hours. I've slept well for a blissful change.

Happy Birthday Dumpling, have a lovely day!

Judi, what a shame, your poor carpet.

Holly just sending a bit of virtual support, please take care of yourself.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks for the very early start HOLLY. I hope you managed to get back to sleep. I can't offer any more advice than has already been given but you do need to speak to an impartial party such as MIND for advice.

DUMPLING Happy Birthday to you! Have a lovely day and enjoy being spoilt! JUDI I hope your day improves, not the most fragrant of starts for you. I have been looking after grandkids for 13 years and can sympathise as I know how tiring it can be. There is only 15 months between our two youngest DGDs, which meant I was looking after two in nappies at the same time!!

I have the surgery this morning for the result of my X-ray. I have been trying not to think about it as I have had worries enough in other areas!

When I get back home it will be all systems go. The kitchen must be totally emptied today ready for the cupboard dismantlers arriving in our absence Sunday morning. The area surrounding the dining table is already piled high so goodness knows where the next lot will go! Then I need to set up a "cooking" corner with kettle, cups, coffee etc on top of the fridge and the mw on a little old table, with the sc on top. If I want to add a bit of excitement to our meals there is a George Foreman and a panini press under the stairs!! I hope we don't get burglars in our absence or they will think they have broken into a junk shop!

Then there is the packing to do for our jaunt up to Darlington tomorrow. We leave on the 12.00 train (change at Leeds) so no mad panic in the morning to dash straight off.

No idea what today's meals will be but it will have to be something easy! I may bring some pasties back with me for lunch with some hm soup from the freezer.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) as always for everyone who needs them. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 April 2018 at 8:09AM
    Options
    Good morning all

Holly, it's appalling and unbelievable. Please take care of yourself.

Dumpling Happy Birthday :bdaycake:

Judi hugs

Cranky so sorry to hear about your Dad. It's worrying, DH had been going to cognitive therapy and 6 monthly assessments for his dementia. Now nothing, he has been discharged and I have been told I am to inform them if I see any significant changes. I worry if I say too much what they might do, will they say I can't manage.

Mother's care home want a meeting with me tomorrow, probably nothing but I'm worried.

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Dull and dreary out so the washing is on the pulley, a white load to do later.

I have a funeral to attend this morning then an exciting trip to Ikea with DD, we managed to get the room painted so we're going to get the bed. She bought the curtains, light shade and quilt cover yesterday, just the curtain pole to put up and it should be ready.

Yesterday's lunch was really good as usual, I had a voucher for an Indian meal, didn't eat anything else all day!

Happy Birthday dumpling, enjoy your day, and your cake!
    Just think how good the kitchen will be when it's all done TA!

Have a good day, take care. XX
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Happy Birthday Dumpling, hope you have a fab day m’dear x
    Hugs to Holly, Judi and also Cranky.

Overcast again here, we saw a little sun yesterday afternoon so hope to have the same today. I was chatting to lovely yard owner yesterday and she has delayed putting the horses on to the summer paddocks as feels we are at least a month behind with grass growth etc, I checked back in my diary and it was blistering hot in East Anglia this time last year.

Not a lot planned for today, did pick up four new to me books yesterday so perhaps will start one of those, although they are supposed to be for my holiday :D

Have a good day folks x
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 11 April 2018 at 8:33AM
    Options
    Morning all

Its been raining during the night but cleared up a bit now I have a wash on the go and will hang it out for a while later.

I have the rest of this week off which I had booked ages ago and forgotten about so :j Lucky me !! I slept 11 hours last night so im hoping I shall have some more energy today.

I am going to clean round the house this morning then I have to nip to the shop as we have no potatoes, I shall then take little madam up to the park for her constitutional and home to relax.

Dinner tonight will be something with chicken, perhaps a chicken and chorizo tray bake or something that I can shove in the oven and forget about.

Cranky how sad about your dad, and how dare they make those decisions on your behalf !!

SilverOldie, I often think of you I watched my darling dad suffer from dementia and know how sad and how hard it is, have a hug xx

Holly I hope your GP can give you some help xx

Have good days all xx

Im off to have some boiled eggs, which always make me think of Nelski for some reason :D

Happy Birthday to dear Dumpling, have a fabby day xx :bdaycake:
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning,

A quick visit from me. Keen to get back in to my routine again.

Watched the football with my mates last night and I'm playing 7-a-side tonight for the first time in a while.

Right, my internet is being weird. I bet it'll eat this post before I get the chance to hit go.

Have a nice day all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport