PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 11th April 2018

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning,

A quick visit from me. Keen to get back in to my routine again.

Watched the football with my mates last night and I'm playing 7-a-side tonight for the first time in a while.

Right, my internet is being weird. I bet it'll eat this post before I get the chance to hit go.

Have a nice day all!
  • mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs and spoons to those in need .

been MIA for a while so a quick update on the mehefin household ( or should that be horsehold). Mares need wellies not shoes as it is so wet here. Can't remember the last dry day. Hay and haylage in very short supply locally but managed to source a large round bale and have been struggling to use that. Its SO big. Then the damn thing started to heat up ( a common problem with large bale haylage) so spent days trying to dig out the hot bits. Imagine a huge cotton reel and the bit you want is somewhere between the outer layer and the core..Nightmare. anyway sorted now as DS and I worked our sox off and unravelled it . Fortunately had somewhere to put it all,so that should keep us going foer a couple of weeks.
    Had a funny smell in the fridge.. it turned out to be a camembert which was very ripe. Its use by date was in May so it would have been crawling out of the fridge by then. Cue garlic and crusty bread and one baked cheese later the only smell is garlic!!!

Right off to see if this blooming rain shows any sign of stopping.
    Take care all
    Mehefin
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all - the sun is back out here, fingers crossed it stays a wee while longer.

I've got my cotton rugs in the washing machine and the dishwasher is also on the go. Thought I had turned it on last night but found I hadn't closed the door properly.

:bdaycake::bdaycake: to Dumpling. Hope you have a wonderful day.

The digger man has just turned up to turn over the front plot. He's had to move the digger tracks in to get through the wee gate, I didn't know that they did that. Every day a school day.

Camelot - gosh and funeral and Ikea! That's an awful day.

I'm off now into town for some veggies to make the venison casserole.

Happy Wednesday to all.
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Happy Birthday Dumpling:bdaycake:
    Wet wet wet again dogs walked first hoover of the day done floors are gritty so i think i will have to wash them all .
    Have had mum on the phone yesterday and today crying because she is struggling with the house insurance as there was a subsidence claim for the extension over 20 years ago and its a nightmare every year but as she gets older (84) she is really struggling and was asking me if i wanted to be her POA I dont really as i think she is ok at the moment yes she gets stressed if anything is out of the ordinary and her memory is not as good but not major I want her to be independent for as long as possible .
    DH said no dinner for him as he doesn't know when he will be home for work and DS doesn't know when he will be home so i will make some pizzas and then they can cook them when they get home
    Hugs to all those who need them
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

I woke with a horrendous sore throat at 5am, took some pain killers and have gargled with soluble disprin, its not so bad now.......I may be in for a humdinger of a cold.

We phoned the council yesterday about a small in the toilet and hall, chap came this morning, guess what? no smell!! however he did discover that the bathroom cupboard floor was soaking....he thinks the sealant on the corner of the shower had perished. He has resealed it, the contents of the shelf unit in the cupboard have been removed and are in our bedroom on the floor, we have to give the floor time to dry out before we use the shower again.

OH's eye is fine, he has one more night to sleep with the guard on and another week with one lot of drops 3 weeks with the others.

I think we may be having a couple of WWF dinners tonight.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all.
    We were up early this morning moving the lounge furniture, so we have decamped to our bedroom today as the man is knocking down the lounge wall for the patio doors. There was much to-ing and fro-ing this morning with cars, vans and trailers, bet the neighbours love us today!
    I have put back some of the clean curtains and will do some more later. I am going to pace myself, don't want to wear myself out ( fat chance as my pace is more snail like these days :rotfl:)
    Tea is a ready made cottage pie (in the fridge ) so only needs reheating in the microwave.
    Dumpling I hope you have a very Happy Birthday :bdaycake:
    TA good luck at the doctors.
    Gers please send some sun down here.
    Sending everyone extra hugs today, there are so many in need at the moment.
    Now I think I will look for some earplugs as the drilling etc is really reverberating throughout the house :(.
    Hope you all have a good day.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,586 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy birthday, dumpling.

Holly, I can only echo what the others have said - but what a terrible indictment on the MH services near you, they have handled everything so badly.

I saw 4am this morning, unfortunately it was because I hadn't been to sleep at all. I go through this every month for a few days, tbh I'd rather have a period.

I spoke to DD in Japan yesterday. She's coming home on Saturday but her DH is staying on in the Far East for another month. I'm quite cross with him because DD needs support at the moment. At least they've agreed that she will give up her very stressful job and go permanently freelance later this year.

I managed to get quite a bi of sewing done yesterday and given he weather I'm hoping to get some more done today, unless I fall asleep again.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    tiredmum2 wrote: »
    ...was asking me if i wanted to be her POA I dont really as i think she is ok at the moment yes she gets stressed if anything is out of the ordinary and her memory is not as good but not major I want her to be independent for as long as possible

Once a POA is in place you can choose which companies to use it with. I have POA for my DM but only use it for her financial stufff when necessary. She's deaf so can't deal with the phone. As it takes a wee while to set up it wouldn't be bad to get things rolling, once her memory goes more it could be too late.
    Gers please send some sun down here.

Not a chance! :rotfl: We have it so rarely that it's staying.
    snoozer wrote: »
    I spoke to DD in Japan yesterday. She's coming home on Saturday

That's great news.

Digger man is almost finished already. More tea coming up.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Trying to sort out cheaper ways of getting metacam for Blackun since it looks like she will be on it for the rest of her life.... Thought i was doing well until i questioned the vet receptionist... They will charge me £20 just for writing the prescription if i get it despensed elsewhere.

Thats an hour of my life i wont get back.:(
  • corrieflash
    Options
    Hi Judi

My old dog (17 past Jan) is on metacam and I buy the largest bottle available, think it's around £60 so a big outlay initially but works out cheaper in the long run.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure