Info about CCJ?

Right guys been away a while and i got a copy of my credit file and was rather shocked.

I have a CCJ on it from back in 2002 and its from a address i used to live at but the date that it was issued at i wasnt even living there at the time and had'nt for a few good months. Is there anything i can do about this or not? I will pay it but i need to know if there is anything i can do.

Cause doesnt it work if u get it issued and u pay within a month it gets removed. well i never got that chance as i didnt live there?

please help me

Comments

• Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If I have understood other threads here, the debt can be marked as settled but will remain on your credit file.
  • fairmorn308
    fairmorn308 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    yes i know that but this is the 1st i have known about it and it happened 3 yrs ago tho.

Also another quick question

I have had a loan etc in the past with my bank but it doesnt say it has been settled which it has been for years. what do i do about this
  • elisebutt65
    elisebutt65 Posts: 3,854 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Can't help about the ccj, but the loan thing - if you have proof etc that it has been settled then you can contact the credit agencies and get them to issue a notice of correction to be put on your file.
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

• Right guys been away a while and i got a copy of my credit file and was rather shocked.

I have a CCJ on it from back in 2002 and its from a address i used to live at but the date that it was issued at i wasnt even living there at the time and had'nt for a few good months. Is there anything i can do about this or not? I will pay it but i need to know if there is anything i can do.

Cause doesnt it work if u get it issued and u pay within a month it gets removed. well i never got that chance as i didnt live there?

please help me

A CCJ remains on your credit file for 6 years - so it will show up until sometime in 2008. What you can do is write to the court that issued it and arrange to settle the debt. When this is done you send proof to the court with a £10 fee and the debt will be marked as "Satisfied". This should not affect your credit rating too much as once you have sorted it out, any company checking your credit history will see the
    a) Your only problem was 3 years ago
    b) You have satisfied the debt and therefore have honoured your commitment

Hope this helps, good luck!
    The best way to escape a problem is to solve it :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business