Lowell Financial - whose debts do they buy?

Options
luciekate
luciekate Posts: 8 Forumite
edited 15 February 2019 at 3:55PM in Debt-free wannabe
Hi sorry if I'm putting this in wrong section...

Just wondering if anyone knows who Lowell Financial often work on behalf of? I've tried google but it so far has only told me about mobile phone company debts and I know I 100% absolutely definitely do not owe my current one or past ones. Do they often take up debts for other stuff, does anyone know? Also all my utility bills and council tax are up to date, I've no court fines... I'm at a complete loss here!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    If they have written to you the origin of the debt is usually included on the letter. Credit cards store cards etc etc they will buy all manner of debts.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,931 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Lowell are a major player in the debt purchasing market, debts they buy include, loans, creditcard accounts, mobile phone debts, catalogue debts, utilities, infact almost anything.

Why do you want to know ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • WhenIam64
    WhenIam64 Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone knows who Lowell Financial often work on behalf of?

They work on behalf of themselves - and are one of the more frequent visitors to court. Their speciality is default CCJ's especially where there may be missing paperwork. Without a defendant to get them to prove the debt, the CCJ is waved through. All legally above board though somewhat questionable.
    Unlike some here, I am not omniscient. If I am wrong correct me. I won't take offence.

The law is like an ocean - have a swim but don't drown.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure