Twitter help please

Every morning I receive the following message:

We've temporarily limited some of your account features

Karen Barrett
@chocolateonemse
What happened?
In order to make sure Twitter is as safe as possible, sometimes — like now — you may be asked to confirm you’re not a robot. Easy, right? Just complete the following to get back to the Tweets.
What next?
For full access, please:
Pass a Google reCAPTCHA challenge
Verify your phone number
When you tap 'Start', Google may collect and use information about you, your device, and browser. View Google's Privacy Policy.

I get the code and all is good until the following day.

I'm not shadow banned.

I am only showing as following one person on my profile and yet when I actually look at who I am following it's thousands.

I have no idea why this is happening, however, I enter a lot of gleam and raff comps, could this be why?

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks, Karen

Comments

• topaz13
    topaz13 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I am having the exact same issue!

I had emailed them through support a few times over the past weeks, but had had no reply, so today, before I unlocked with my phone, I clicked the help link in the message, which took me to a form. I filled in the form and got an immediate response to say that my account was showing automated activity. I replied to that email saying that I have never used automation on my account and got a reply within minutes saying that my account was 'good to go'. Hopefully that has sorted the issue, but somehow I don't fancy holding my breath!

I also do gleams and rafflecopters. I have been using Twitaculous. Have you?
  • bees**knees
    bees**knees Posts: 2,167 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    It has been happening to me too.
    I have been doing more twitter competitions lately though and thought it must be that that has triggered it.
    ( I dont use Twitaculous btw)
  • Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I have had this issues twice now myself (just glad its not me)
    Jan Wins: .
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I was rather peeved earlier today when this happened to me again :(

This is literally a daily thing now, having a code sent to my mobile to get into Twitter :(
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • I've never had this problem, even though I comp a lot and do gleam and rafflecopter - I wonder what we all do differently that makes you guys have this problem
  • topaz13
    topaz13 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well, after Twitter assuring me that my account was 'good to go' yesterday and that the problem had been rectified, today my account has been limited yet again!
  • Mine was limited this morning have contacted them and replied to their automated email, not had this for ages but to be fair I have been comping more recently, in the past it has taken a couple of hours to be freed up again, we'll see.
  • Thanks everyone.

OK feel slightly better that it's not just me.

I use Twitaculous, but always open in a new tab rather than directly from the page.

Same again this morning, I have completed the form so lets wait and see.
    :)
  • However, I am now showing 0 page likes and Twitter has unliked every single one of the pages I follow! :(
  • I think they will come back, I remember this happening on my account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure