yearly income?

Options
can anyone help me?
where can i get my yearly income from for tax credit purposes?
never got p60 as left work end of december
lost last payslip
any idea????????????
Nice to save.

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You should have been given a P45 when you left work - please don't tell me you've lost that as well!

If you have, the only thing I can suggest is phoning the place you used to work and seeing if they kept copies of anything - not all companies do, and even if they do I don't think they're obliged to give you one. In fact, I learned recently that companies were really not supposed to give you a duplicate P60!

If you don't need to 'prove' your income by producing any of these documents, you could also try phoning the tax office which dealt with your last employment and see if they can tell you!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • rolpaula
    rolpaula Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can't help sorry.....but it just reminded what my partner did.......she shredded her p60 in the office :eek: hope she doesnt need it.........she just put it on top of stuff for shredding and answered the phone and.........well say no more :rolleyes:..........

you can't get another one she was told........
    :whistle:Make Hay While The Sun Shines:think:
  • Pat__3
    Pat__3 Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Options
    can anyone help me?
    where can i get my yearly income from for tax credit purposes?
    never got p60 as left work end of december
    lost last payslip
    any idea????????????

If you never got a P60 its because you left in December and these are not printed/produced until the end of the tax year.

So I would guess that your ex-employer should still have your copy as we are only just past the end of the P.A.Y.E. tax year.

I would contact them as I'm sure they would be happy to help.:)

I used to be a Wages Supervisor when I was working.;)
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks, will try them
    Nice to save.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    Pat_ wrote:
    If you never got a P60 its because you left in December and these are not printed/produced until the end of the tax year.

So I would guess that your ex-employer should still have your copy as we are only just past the end of the P.A.Y.E. tax year.

I would contact them as I'm sure they would be happy to help.:)

I used to be a Wages Supervisor when I was working.;)
    But I didn't think you produced a P60 for those who were no longer working for the company at the end of the tax year? It's a while since I was responsible for payroll, but that's my recollection - apart from anything else where are you going to send it because you don't know your former employee will still be at the last address you had for him/her - and in some cases you'll know they won't be!

You will of course declare their total income, tax and NI deducted to HMRC, so if you're feeling friendly you may pass that info on, BUT it was on the P45 you gave your ex-employee so no obligation to do so.

rolpaula, your partner should take good care of her final payslip for the 04/05 tax year because that will have the same info on it as her P60 had!
  • Pat__3
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote:
    But I didn't think you produced a P60 for those who were no longer working for the company at the end of the tax year? It's a while since I was responsible for payroll, but that's my recollection - apart from anything else where are you going to send it because you don't know your former employee will still be at the last address you had for him/her - and in some cases you'll know they won't be!

I was'nt meaning that they get posted on Savvy for ex-employees.

Where I worked we still produced the P60 for all staff and kept the people that had left for a certain length of time (not sure how long it was now).
    But like the general tax stuff and books or comp print offs, they had to be kept for 6 years.

I only had 2000 on the payroll and some were paid weekly and most were paid monthly,same with the directors.
    I worked for a big builders company and we even had our own Funeral company complete with morgue and chapel of rest.:eek:

And we built our own coffins.:D
  • Pat__3
    Options
    thanks, will try them

Also rabialiones, I believe you can ask your employer for a "statement of earnings" as they don't give copies of P60's to those that have lost them (I know this is not your case) but for future info.

The P60 is provided by your employer as it is there duty to provide this, it is obivously made up by the staff that do the salaries and payslips/wages dept.

I feel confident that your ex-employer will help you in some way.:)

Good Luck again.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    Pat_ wrote:
    I was'nt meaning that they get posted on Savvy for ex-employees.

Where I worked we still produced the P60 for all staff and kept the people that had left for a certain length of time (not sure how long it was now).
    But like the general tax stuff and books or comp print offs, they had to be kept for 6 years.

I only had 2000 on the payroll and some were paid weekly and most were paid monthly,same with the directors.
    I worked for a big builders company and we even had our own Funeral company complete with morgue and chapel of rest.:eek:

And we built our own coffins.:D
    What a cheerful thought, building your own coffin!

You 'only' had 2000 on payroll - I had no more than 25! And most of them were casuals. I don't remember whether I produced P60s for those NOT working for us at the end of the year or not, it's a couple of years ago since I did it. But I know I did everything 'by the book' because that was the only way I could work out what to do!

Actually, my biggest problem would be that I would get to the end of the year, realise that X had not worked for us for 6 months, and wonder whether they would be working again next tax year or not. Would sometimes have the tax office chasing for a P45, not issued because the person hadn't actually said "I'm not available any more, I've got another job." So they'd still be on my books! All a bit of a nightmare really ... (It was an out of school club, so we had lots of students, some worked for us in holidays because they were away during term-time, and some vice versa!)
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    From my days of doing wages, the P60 was a three part form, one for the tax office, one for NI and one for the employee. If the employee was no longer working at the end of the tax year, their copy was destroyed as they had the same information on their P45.

As for undertakers, my Grandfather was the local undertaker and joiner so he made the coffins to order and "did" the funeral. As a very small child the sheets for my dollies cot and pram were all made from the silk used to line the coffins ;)
  • katiepops_2
    katiepops_2 Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    The law as I understand it is that you are obliged to provide a P60 to every employee who has worked for you during the past tax year.

Kate
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport