Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Well that's the weekend gone again!

Had a lovely long ride yesterday, wore the dog out for a few hours.

Managed to complete the quote for home insurance, about £15 a month cheaper so going to ring up to cancel existing insurance.

Also did a couple hours work for a customer, DH gave a deadline of end of September so I really need to crack on with this.

A few items put on eBay and a few in the genie recycling bag plus a bit more paper shredded. I'm hoping to keep chipping away with the decluttering and one day it will magically be all done :)
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Phoned up and cancelled home insurance, there's a 30 day notice period so will arrange new insurance when I get the confirmation paperwork through.

£10 payout from SB transferred. I'm not doing SB so much now as it was too frustrating!

Pony walked in the evenings (still not managed to remember pots for the blackberries).

All ticking along.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Hello weekend! Crazy week work-wise again, but keeps the pennies rolling in.

Lots to catch up on this weekend, as always. DD2 should be paying back about £30 she borrowed, so will transfer that straight to savings. Also travel expenses from last month to do.

Off out all day tomorrow with the dog so will need to organise some food to take, I'm wondering if DD2 would cook for us as wont be back till late. Wish me luck :)
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Not much progress made this week apart from the normal bits that add up long term.

All meals from the stocks in the kitchen. There is quite a lot of food still, so just need to work out the odd bits that will be needed to use it all up.

Still a fair bit of money left over in the accounts too, so hoping to keep as much if it there as possible! Just ordered the dog food, but hubby said he has enough cash in his wallet to cover that :)

Few more items of clothing sorted out for recycling, so still chipping away at the decluttering.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Still very quiet on the progress front, but at least it is quiet on the spending front too!

Mostly work taking up all my time at the moment, but getting in a few dog walks too. I'm not looking forward to it being dark evenings again.

Made some soup at the weekend for lunches, it is most definitely soup weather again now.

Interest has been added to 123 account and food shop coming today. There should be no more spends on food now until next month.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    We started our September by using up all of the unknowns from the freezer. We still have a couple of meal staples in there to see us through..
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I have very few unknowns in the freezer but a few things I'm not sure how to use up! There are quite a few ice lollies from the summer which don't really seem appealing at the moment.

Quite a bit of the freezer is taken up with dog food, bought monthly as it works out cheaper. I keep thinking of getting a smaller second freezer for his food but don't really think there is anywhere to put it.

Bank accounts are still looking healthy, transferred over £218 to savings so that now pushed it to over the year end target :D hopefully will be able to transfer another couple hundred at the end of next week, plus DD2 owes a bit when she gets her wages next Friday.

Plan for the weekend is to try and catch up and to get lots of fresh air!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Lots of ironing and washing done yesterday, then a lovely blowy walk with the dog. I love it when it is windy, really blows the cobwebs out!

A drawer of clothes sorted and a few into the recycling bag and lots of paper shredded.

Also had someone round to look at plastering some rooms, which should hopefully be going ahead end of October.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Happy Sunday!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thank you SHS, had a lovely ride on Sunday but ached a bit Monday as first time out for a couple weeks!
    Still very behind and feel as if I am on constant catch up so need to prioritise all the time.

Year end accounts are now made up and dividends sorted. Lovely hubby gave me all of his, so mega money shuffle yesterday and year end target completely blown out of the water :T :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure