PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 9th October 2017

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Good night's sleep for me. The new bed seems to have made a difference. Maybe being King size helps as we have both got loads of room to spread instead of gravitating towards the sag in the middle.:D

Men both at work though I'm not sure how Youngest got there as his car is still here but he's definitely gone as his packed lunch and flask has gone.

Having my floor tiles in the kitchen ripped up today. New tiles delivered mid week. The old tiles are in a shocking state. They were laid in 1973. Not looking forward to the mess but glad to be finally getting it done.

Seems like the girls in SA are taking in older children too. My daughter sent me a picture of a couple of new additions to their household last night at their bed time. I'll post it later when I'm on my pc.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cranky

The soup sounds lovely and has reminded me to look out the soup maker and have it on the worktop now that the weather has changed.

Washing is on the line outside but might need to take it back inside before leaving for York later. There is a classic silent film being shown by U3A and I am looking forward to seeing it. Hoping to pick up a prescription on the way as I keep forgetting to pick it up and I like to be a few weeks ahead so I don't have to worry about running out.

I have a portion of home made lasagne in the fridge and a grocery delivery tomorrow morning so hope to get back to sensible eating as I have put more weight back on :eek:

hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Quick OS break in some tedious work. Never been that good at getting on with the paperwork side of the job would much rather be doing it so of course the paper stacks up.

Friends staying this weekend so the spare bedding is in the wash again. Getting sick of the sight of it draped in the dining room. Need to do my own too but never seem to have the drape space :D Tempted to leave it on between guests sometimes but haven't done that yet

House needs a clean over the week and I should plan the food too. We are out for an Indian on the Saturday and probably pub lunch on Sunday so not much to plan but they are much bigger eaters than me so need 3 full meals a day :eek: Wine needs stocking up as well of course if only for me :rotfl:

Right must get back to the paperwork :(

Have a good day all x
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    JUDI we got a super king bed 4 years ago and it's heaven. When we go away and have to share a double bed I find myself with about 6" of bed whilst Mr TA snores away in the rest!

All packed and ready for off to the 'van - only going till Wednesday and already the car is packed with everything bar the kitchen sink as usual!
    The sky is blue and the sun is shining so hope it stays like that! Ever hopeful xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • babs_103
    babs_103 Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Forgive me but I'm easily confused, there seems to be two threads going - one daily and one weekly I seem to remember someone (can't remember who sorry) saying you had a daily thread but not sure where to post now. sorry to be so dumb x
    Quot Libros, Quam Breve Tempus

Illegitimi non carborundum

GNU Terry Pratchett

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    babs_103 wrote: »
    Forgive me but I'm easily confused, there seems to be two threads going - one daily and one weekly I seem to remember someone (can't remember who sorry) saying you had a daily thread but not sure where to post now. sorry to be so dumb x

babs this is the daily thread, the weekly thread is more of a flylady type thread.

My daughter, her two adopted Sons and three 'rescues' last night at bed time. I dont know what else to call them.

The Baby House is now expanding.
    IMG-20171008-_WA0002.jpg
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's a dull and grey morning here but no rain yet so that's good. Steve and the girls have all gone to work/college/school so it's just me and Max enjoying the peace and quiet.

It has been very manic with lots of appointments to keep but today is better with just Becky's therapist coming over this afternoon. If it's dry they will take Max out for a walk so Becky has the chance to talk about how she is doing. She has been very happy for the past couple of weeks and is more like the girl she used to be so that's been lovely.

My new medication is brilliant for weight loss and my sugars have come right down as well. I feel a lot better and I didn't mind injecting myself either. It's only once a week and it didn't hurt one little bit. The other meds for anxiety work very well too. A bit too well as I feel quite floaty and spaced out. I will probably reduce them today and see how I get on.

I have a cottage pie in the fridge for my dinner and I will make the rest of the family pork in a honey and mustard sauce with either rice or mash. I made a couple of crumbles yesterday as well so they can finish them off too.

Glad to see that you are all chugging along. I love reading this thread every day even if I don't post. Hope you all have a brilliant day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Not sure about supper, found some YS mince yesterday so am thinking lasagna, haven't had that for ages.
    That's a coincidence; I was only saying to Mr LW last night that I haven't made a lasagna for ages (I make mine with Qu0rn mince, of course). :o
    On Friday night, I had some pals over and one smokes, so I allowed him to smoke out the window in my spare room. I decided to light a candle and sit it on the windowsill to mask the smell. During my tidying on Saturday morning, I see it had left a mark on my windowsill. So I decided to sand and re-gloss all my windowsills.
    Speky if you're going to do that on a regular basis, can I suggest you get a couple of drinks coasters to put your candles on? I use candles a lot, and always stand the holder on a coaster to save marking surfaces.;)

I have some lovely slate coasters I've got at various times from charity shops; and even one with my name and a Triquetra symbol painted on, which was from when my former neighbour got married - she made these for each guest to show where they were to sit at the reception, and we got to keep them afterwards.

I confess I pinched the idea, and when Mr LW and I got married, each guest had an acrylic coaster with a cross-stitched insert with their name, a Triquetra and two crossed feathers. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    My 'client' has cancelled her drs appointment so my day is free.

Yesterday I didn't make any limp veg soup so I've just made two lots; green pea and mint and red pepper with tomato and garlic. The garlic smell is lovely.

Speky - I'm not a fan of Christmas or Christmas presents / cards. I stopped the cards about ten years ago or so and try to avoid actual Christmas presents. No longer will I tolerate bath salts, soap sets with talcum powder or such stuff. I'd rather have an afternoon tea with friends / meet up for lunch etc. It's the caring which is important for me rather than the show of presents because it's expected.

More book to read. The rain came so I'm not budging.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Gers although I get stuff for my grandchildren and DDs, and son-in-laws my friends and I will go out for a meal on birthdays or at Christmas instead of loading each other up with more blooming 'smelly sets'

I have a special shower stuff that I get on prescription for my clapped out skin and I can't use anything else, so bath salts (I don't own a bath only a walk-in shower )and shower gels/creams are useless for me :) They usually, if I get any, end up at the local homeless shelter.

I do get books from my nearest and dearest though and they always ask me what books I would like and I tell them a few and my eldest especially always makes sure I get at least one or two off the list :) There is honestly very little I want or need at my age and I'd rather go out and have a good lunch or dinner with lots of nattering than a box of 'bath stuff 'I am intrigued about the 'Echo Gadget' though

Well book club this morning, and it was combined with a McMillan appeal so lots of nice cakes and coffee as well.

Just awaiting the boys coming in from school and DGS Henry will make me a nice cuppa (he does make a really good one :))

Weather is bright,dry and not too cold at least . tonight I will be doing a spot of ironing (not a lot ) and knitting (a good deal more ) Hope everyone has had a good Monday and the sun shone down on your washing

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family