Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Sorry you are feeling so down. Life is s*it at times.

Forgive yourself for the cake, draw the line and get back on it tomorrow. There is still time for damage limitation and you can still get to target this week.

Denise
    Thanks Denise. I appreciate the support. The cake situation is done now really. Deep down, I think I knew when I bought it what was going to happen. I shouldn't have given into the inevitable, but at that moment, it seemed a better option than walking out with nothing. I've gone for an hour run which might have helped a little, probably not but there we go.

I know my problems are small fry really. My neighbour has recently passed away, so compared to what his kids are going through (about 18 and early 20's), my problems are pathetic.... but ultimately, you can only deal with the problems you face and I guess one thing I've always struggled with is handling things when they go wrong, especially pressure. I was never great at it, as a kid and I'm not much better now. I always struggled in exams and I was a wreck in the early days of my career when under pressure. I still struggle now if I'm going somewhere unfamiliar, but I've obviously developed confidence doing it repeatedly. Work could have done me a favour by not expecting me to work from home and letting me time bank it, especially knowing full well I was in a bit of a pickle, but ultimately, they aren't altruists, they're a company trying to make a profit and they pay my salary, so I can't complain too much.

Onwards and upwards. Sorry if the earlier post came across a bit heavy
  • SarahC74
    Options
    Oh Stoke, I’m so sorry. If I may say, I don’t think this really has anything to do with the car. It sounds like everything is a bit overwhelming right now and facing it alone is awful. Please don’t even think about the cake, again, I really don’t think its the problem, and what’s a bit of cake between friends? We’ve all done it. You quite rightly say your friend will be absolutely fine about tomorrow (today), and I’m sure they would hate to think of you beating yourself up over something you can’t change. Please be kind to yourself, you are such an amazing support to others, perhaps think what you’d say in response to one of us posting this? Take care x
    “WHAT WE FEAR DOING MOST IS USUALLY WHAT WE MOST NEED TO DO.” RALPH WALDO EMERSON
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done, Sunflower. Wonderful, Vixstar.

Stoke, I’m so sorry life has dumped on you. You have been so positive in all your other posts. There comes a time for all of us when things just get on top of us, for all sorts of reasons. Lots of us have used this thread to vent - and that’s a really good thing, it clears the mind. I know I have, more than once. And I got so much support from friends here that my perceived issues became less relevant.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Forgot to say that DH and I are off with all of the family (altogether 6 adults & 4 children) for a week, to a cottage in Perthshire (not far away at all). Each family has responsibility for 2/3 lunches and dinners (breakfast depends on who is about, lol), so SW will be out the window for much of the time. I’ll have my tablet so will be able to eavesdrop/poke my nose in from time to time.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    greentiger - it'll be a case of "Good when you can and careful when you can't". At least you'll have control for 2/3 lunches and dinners and probably some breakfasts too. At the end of the day SW has to fit in with our lifestyle not the other way round. Enjoy your holiday.

Back to EE today:

B - SW fry up
    L - carrot & lentil soup; bread (no butter:A)
    D - SC beef bourguignon; mash; green veg. Will be a few syns as I will be putting in some red wine! It's not a bourguignon without the wine, it's just a beef stew:rotfl:.

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - wine in dinner; plus wine during the evening:D,

I've finally got round to reading my target member book and found I can have an extra HEA or HEB every day plus an extra 10 syns on 2 or 3 days a week if I want to! Don't think I'll be bothering with an extra HE every day but will probably take advantage of the extra syns!

Denise
  • v1ckyt
    v1ckyt Posts: 302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    So.... bit of an emotional dump here.

Sorry for the bitterly miserable post. I know there's so much more bad things going on in the world than a poxy broken down car and I really don't want to ruin your Friday, just needed to vent :(

Don't apologise, it's better to vent and get it out. I have similar food issues and recently ran to the cake aisle so fast, when a minor hiccup happened. Recognise it for what it is, a coping strategy, all be it a not hugely healthy one long term, draw a line under it and start afresh today.

Hoping you find some comfort for the bigger picture soon, and be kind to yourself in the meantime.
  • majorica
    majorica Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning, quick in and out weigh in this morning STS heading to airport now for a cheeky wee 6 nights in Majorca, see you all next week :j
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Enjoy your cheeky 6 nights away!
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    - 2 for last week please Chris. The plague seems to have finally left the house, fingers crossed. Trying my best to stick to plan but swerving weekend wine seems to have given me a sweet tooth. Hope you're all well xx
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support :)
    SarahC74 wrote: »
    Oh Stoke, I’m so sorry. If I may say, I don’t think this really has anything to do with the car. It sounds like everything is a bit overwhelming right now and facing it alone is awful. Please don’t even think about the cake, again, I really don’t think its the problem, and what’s a bit of cake between friends? We’ve all done it. You quite rightly say your friend will be absolutely fine about tomorrow (today), and I’m sure they would hate to think of you beating yourself up over something you can’t change. Please be kind to yourself, you are such an amazing support to others, perhaps think what you’d say in response to one of us posting this? Take care x
    I was thinking about the cake this morning, but I've just decided to brush it off and start again today. I know they'll be okay about it. It's just one of those things and I just feel like I've let them down a bit. The good thing is I get to spend some time in the house doing some of the jobs I've wanted to do and maybe get it looking as nice as it can be for when I come home in the week nights. Chin up eh :) ? Been thinking about Christmas and how I can make the place look nice. I didn't really celebrate it last year, so I'd like to this year :)
    greentiger wrote: »
    Stoke, I’m so sorry life has dumped on you. You have been so positive in all your other posts. There comes a time for all of us when things just get on top of us, for all sorts of reasons. Lots of us have used this thread to vent - and that’s a really good thing, it clears the mind. I know I have, more than once. And I got so much support from friends here that my perceived issues became less relevant.
    I think it's just because for the first time since we broke up, I felt really helpless. Like, I know this is probably the worst way of looking at it, and probably a bit self indulgent but when we first broke up, aside from the obvious sadness, my instinct was to say "well, so long as I can get to work, pay my bills, I can still function going forward".... yesterday was like the first time I felt really helpless. I couldn't get to work and it all just got a bit on top of me. It's such a small thing, but I think it just triggered a whole lot of emotion.
    v1ckyt wrote: »
    Don't apologise, it's better to vent and get it out. I have similar food issues and recently ran to the cake aisle so fast, when a minor hiccup happened. Recognise it for what it is, a coping strategy, all be it a not hugely healthy one long term, draw a line under it and start afresh today.

Hoping you find some comfort for the bigger picture soon, and be kind to yourself in the meantime.
    Yup, I'm just trying to remember the bigger picture. Work will be fine, I'll be fine, and things will resolve themselves in a few days. I just remind myself about the neighbours kids, things won't be fine for them. That's the bigger picture. There's more important !!!! going on in the world.... I don't like the thought of coming across self indulgent either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure