PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Thursday 5th July 2018

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Trying to get everything done and post quickly before our leccy goes off, it’s meant to be down all day so fridge will be staying shut, luckily it’s the day before food shopping so it’s pretty empty anyway.
    DOH will go out and get his haircut, I have a parcel to return and a few other errands to run, we are then going to a local pub for lunch, it’s by the river with tables in the shade so little dog can come too.
    Lu was lucky enough to have a special visitor yesterday, Lamewolf and her fella came for cuddles and to feed her parsnips which she loved. It was smashing to see them both and LW was so complimentary about my girlie which pleased me no end :)

TA you are all in my thoughts, take care x

Have a good day folks x
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Another day in paradise here

Managed a fair bit of work yesterday so now just have tons of prep to do before my official return to the classroom next week.

Load of washing ready to hang out in a minute and the baskets to soak before the sun sneaks round. Asda delivering some goodies for me soon so thats shopping ticked off.

Off to lunch with a good friend today so prepare for the sense that the world has once again been sorted :cool: if only it was that easy eh?

Food wise i doubt ill want much after lunch but crunchie ice cream will no doubt feature.

TA I hope the results are not as scary as you are thinking thoughts as always are with you both

Gers All the best to your mum
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Slept much better last night due to having the window open and using a cold water bottle. In fact, I slept so well that I slept in, so I've missed the gym this morning - oh well.

Tonight is date night with my gran, first Thursday of the month. Not sure what's she's cooking up although there were rumours it was going to be mince & tatties.

Camelot - Millport is a lovely place. Especially with the good weather.
    TA - Fingers crossed for the results today. You're both going through so much. And don't be sorry!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,281 Forumite
    Options
    TA hope the news from the hospital & gp is positive

Back in work today to an IT issue with a major part of my job...cue much thumb-twiddling while it is resolved!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,073 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

TA - no wonder you're in a state! The blood test results should come through fairly quickly and treatment started very soon after which will make a difference to MrTA. I'm so pleased you went out with your friends last night.

DM has texted me already this morning. She's feeling less 'wobbly' which is good. I'll be sorting out things here before going back down to Glasgow.

I'll water the garden again this morning especially the potatoes and roses. As I'll be gone until Monday afternoon so want to keep them going.

Happy Thursday to everyone and thanks for the good wishes.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gosh it's hot today, I took the Ziggy out but only covered half the distance we did yesterday when it was much fresher. When we got back she lay in the shade by the front door and refused to come in. The front of the house is always much cooler than the back because it's north facing.

I'm feeling disgruntled because I have a blister on my heel now. I have to be so careful with my feet because they blister really easily, I put some new trainer socks on this morning and before I'd walked 100 yards I had a blister!

I'm glad you saw LW Lainey, I was going to ask if anyone had heard from her lately.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Another quiet day for me i hope. Yesterday started off quiet but the afternoon was anything but.

TA thinking of you both. Hope the results arent as daunting as they sound.

Gers glad your Mum is making progress.

Need to get back to menu planning. Im spending too much in the supermarket and wasting such a lot too.

Need to think again about changing energy suppliers. When my present tarif ends my direct debit will go up from £139 a month to over £200! Well they always stick you on the dearest tarif dont they?

Bin men have just been, taken my wheelie bin full of rubbish and 4 black sacks of junk. I love my bin men.:T

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,281 Forumite
    Options
    snoozer wrote: »
    I'm feeling disgruntled because I have a blister on my heel now. I have to be so careful with my feet because they blister really easily, I put some new trainer socks on this morning and before I'd walked 100 yards I had a blister!...

I suffer the same problem & have to buy double layer socks, which really help. I got some white sports trainer socks from T@sco ;)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one, especially the TA's I hope the news from the blood tests is not what you are fearing.

I was up early and showered off to Aldi, picked up my neighbour at the bus stop and dropped him in the town. I seem to have spent a lot in Aldi, I am not sure this once a week shop is going to work out, but we will see.

OH is painting the base of the shed with preservative, he is not going to be out there long, its roasting. I have the fan on in the sitting room, there is not so much breeze today.

For some reason my hip started playing up when I went to bed, so took paracetamol instead of Ibrofen, it was after 1am before I settled down, slept until OH woke me going to the loo at 5 but I managed another couple of hours sleep.

I need to pop over and see my neighbour this morning, it was a year yesterday since her husband passed away, I bought her some flowers, so will drop them in. I put a card through the door after the coffee morning from the group to let her know we were think about her. Her son was with her all day and I guess she heard from her daughter in Spain and son in South Africa. He is due on a 6 weeks visit this month which will be company for her.

I froze raspberries and gooseberries last night. There is a bowl of black currants in the fridge, will take some to my quilting friend tomorrow.

Gers....pleased to hear your Mum is feeling a bit better, both OH and I have heart failure, I also have heart block which was the reason for the pacemaker 3 years ago. OH takes medication for his.

Frittata and salad tonight for supper.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I’m baaack like the proverbial bad penny :rotfl: Thanks for thinking of me nannywindow:T

DH & I left on the 22nd & met up with our motorcycling friends in Bruges for one night. Small group, just us, the chap who organises the trip & two other couples - so just seven of us in total. We dine together every night while we are away but the days are our own - there may be motorcycling to explore the countryside (alone or in a group), exploring the town we are in or just relaxing in a local cafe. The Saturday was spent riding to Bad Bertrich in Germany - a spa town where we spent three nights. It was in a valley in the mountains near the Moselle valley - glorious scenery:j - so generally overcast but warm :) & we found a bar/restaurant where the food & beer :beer: were cheap & they had an excellent menu with plenty of choice - my highlight meal was a venison stew (which three of our group had the following night :rotfl:)
    Tuesday morning we set off for Goslar - another spa hotel :T again for three nights. Again we found a bar/restaurant where we dined all three evenings :rotfl: + one evening we found the local gay bar (& I could smoke indoors - I know, I know - filthy habit :o ) Full of chaps until 10 pm & then the ladies took over - all to a background of 80’s English music - Erasure et al :rotfl: Made us all feel young as our group had a 55 yo, a 56 yo, a 58 yo, two 66 yo, a 67 yo & a 68 yo :rotfl: There was a trip to the laundry for the ladies - you have to travel light when you are two up on a motorcycle :rotfl: & of course that meant coffee & cake ! Plus the three ladies (or should that be two + me :rotfl:) used the hotel pool & jacuzzi & the three saunas :rotfl: one at 50 C, one at 60 C & one at 90 C + two of us did the jump into the cold pool :eek: The weather was hot, hot, hot. Friday morning we all went our separate ways having had a wonderful time - good food, copious amounts of alcohol & in extremely good company :T We set off in four different directions :D Our organiser had a couple of nights in Germany/Belgium & then returned home for a job interview- fingers crossed, one couple went to visit friends in Germany (from when they were stationed there 30 years ago :eek:), the other couple went on an explore & have spent a night in four different countries:eek: & DH & I visited my brother in Germany for three nights. My DB married a lovely German lady (18 years his junior :rotfl:) & they have two wonderful boys, living in a very large thatched house with chickens, cats, a dog & guinea pigs - a veritable menagerie ;) Again hot, hot, hot. We left Monday & spent two days travelling in full motorcycle gear in temperatures up to 93 degrees Fahrenheit :eek: Got back yesterday evening about 7 pm & DSis had cooked us a Shepherds Pie with green beans :T She has been very busy, cleaning & reducing the stack of crates/boxes etc so now there is only about 40% of the original pile left :T
    Today, I have set the wm going - one lot washed & out drying, another load in but everything unpacked - usually takes me a week :o:D:o So today is pottering for DH & I - then back to decluttering tomorrow :rotfl: Feel very relaxed & looking forward to getting enough space to start prepping & decorating when the weather cools down :)

I am so sorry that many of you are having difficult times & I am sending hugs galore.

Also apologies for going on so long :o

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure