Charging Order? The myth

Options

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,782 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nope - still fails. Can you share the link to the web page from where the pdf is then linked to perhaps? Or is it your own pdf?
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • eggbox
    eggbox Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi LRR

Try www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN04837.pdf

but if still no good paste that into Google and its the first search result
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    I have managed to open the link, but as previously posted, our online guidance, particularly section 2.3.3 explains unilateral notices. If you have a specific question, please let us know.
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • eggbox
    Options
    Hi LRR, thanks for pointing to the explanation of a unilateral notice. I'm a little unsure how they should proceed now, though?

The people want to register a legal charge, for the reasons I explained, so to achieve this are they still required to forward the relevant forms you stated were required for this AND register the unilateral notice?

And, If only a unilateral notice is registered does this take priority over subsequent Restrictions that might be registered?
  • Land_Registry
    edited 3 September 2014 at 3:50PM
    Options
    Hi eggbox,

While we cannot provide legal advice I would clarify that if they are trying to register a legal charge and there is currently a restriction affecting registration of a new charge, then consent of the beneficiary is necessary. If the consent is not possible a Unilateral Notice can be used. However, the effect of a notice is very limited and it does not prevent registrations of any subsequent restrictions or other entries on the register.

Ultimately, it is for the parties considered and their legal advisors to decide how best to proceed.
  • eggbox
    Options
    Hi LRR

I do understand regarding legal advice and thank's for your help. If I could just ask clarification on two more things; 1) will the registration of a unilateral notice take priority over any subsequent Form K Restrictions registered and 2) can they view their LR details online (I presume there is a fee?) to see what their mortgage restriction states?
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Hi eggbox

The Unilateral Notice would not take priority over the Form K restrictions and they can view/download the register using Find a Property. This is an online service for a fee of £3.00.
  • eggbox
    Options
    Hi LRR

Don't know if you can help on this but the LR email confirmation system for setting up an account to buy title details isn't working? The couple I'm helping tried Wednesday and haven't received yet and I've tried this morning on my email adress and the confirmation email you should be sent from the LR to verify your account still isn't being sent?

We have both also clicked the "resend confirmation email" tabs too? Any suggestions?
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Hi Eggbox

We are having some difficulties with the confirmation emails and details of how/what to do can be found on the Transactional Support Forum where you will find some guidance.
  • eggbox
    Options
    Thank You!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business