DMP settlement offers after default has gone

Options
How does one go about offering settlement figures after all of the defaults (and those accounts) have fallen off your credit report?

Whilst they were on your report, you would ask that neither you nor any associate company will take any other action to collect or enforce this debt in any way and that I will be released from any liability, and to also mark the account as being paid and closed.

Is it now just a case of putting on the letter what I have highlighted bold?

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Yes .
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    meme86 wrote: »
    How does one go about offering settlement figures after all of the defaults (and those accounts) have fallen off your credit report?

Whilst they were on your report, you would ask that neither you nor any associate company will take any other action to collect or enforce this debt in any way and that I will be released from any liability, and to also mark the account as being paid and closed.

Is it now just a case of putting on the letter what I have highlighted bold?

Yes makes no difference to your credit file how it’s settled now.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • meme86
    meme86 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So if my letter was to read:

I am writing about the money which you are claiming on the above account.

I can confirm that I am unable to pay the money which I owe in full.

However, I can raise ***** and I want to offer this as full and final settlement of the account. I am making this offer on the clear understanding that, if you accept it, neither you nor any associate company will take any other action to collect or enforce this debt in any way and that I will be released from any liability.

I can pay the amount I have offered within 10 days of receiving your written agreement of this offer.

This offer is available for 14 days. I would appreciate a response either way.

Please give me details of how I can pay.

Will that cover all my bases now?
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    meme86 wrote: »
    So if my letter was to read:

I am writing about the money which you are claiming on the above account.

I can confirm that I am unable to pay the money which I owe in full.

However, I can raise ***** and I want to offer this as full and final settlement of the account. I am making this offer on the clear understanding that, if you accept it, neither you nor any associate company will take any other action to collect or enforce this debt in any way and that I will be released from any liability.

I can pay the amount I have offered within 10 days of receiving your written agreement of this offer.

This offer is available for 14 days. I would appreciate a response either way.

Please give me details of how I can pay.

Will that cover all my bases now?

That seems fine
  • meme86
    meme86 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks
    I sent off the letters last week, and got 1 reply from PRA group, who were offering just under 5% off. They have offered better in the past (much better), but hey ho, they'll have to wait a few more years
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure