The Money Diet and Thrifty Ways - early birthday present?

Options
I am having Martin's books as part of my birthday present. My birthday is on Wednesday. They have arrived already and OH has taken them away and hidden them before I could even sneak a peek. Do you think he should let me have them as an early birthday present? I can't find them and it's killing me!
:heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.

Comments

• iwanttobreakfree
    Options
    I have to say I cannot put the money diet down - some of the things I have read have astounded me and it just leaves you feeling really positive after reading it - maybe I'm sad I dunno but its really uplifting! You honestly feel like you CAN sort out your debts (god i sound barmy! :eek: )
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!DFW Nerd No. 634 LBM: 3rd time - Dec2008 I NEED TO BEAT IT THIS TIME!
    Total Loan Debt = £[strike]13,737.80[/strike] 13,042.44, Total Non-loan Debt = £[strike]5,289.33[/strike] 4,704.45 - Total= [strike]19,027.13[/strike] 17,746.89 FEB 09
    Freelance earnings - Feb 09 = £260 so far Make £30 a day in Feb - £260.40 of £840 5 NSD in Feb 09 - 1 of 5
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for posting...thought I was going to have to bear the shame of a post with no replies! I have my faith in MSE'ers restored.

Anyway, OH wouldn't budge so no early peeking at my presents. I am just debating whether to wake him up, so I can have my present straight away as IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! However, if I do wake him for my pressie, he may misunderstand, lol! (And wouldn't be too pleased if he thought I was thinking of Martin, lol!!!)
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • iwanttobreakfree
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!!! :beer:
    Hope you have a lovely day - and dont worry about the post with no replies - I have one of those below this one!!!!

Have to say was a bit miffed last night - I got laughed at for reading the money diet at work - they said "what are you reading that for?!" to which i replied because i want to save money and this put them in absolute hysterics - i felt pretty stupid :o but hey whose stupider (if thats a word) in the long run by not reading it!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!DFW Nerd No. 634 LBM: 3rd time - Dec2008 I NEED TO BEAT IT THIS TIME!
    Total Loan Debt = £[strike]13,737.80[/strike] 13,042.44, Total Non-loan Debt = £[strike]5,289.33[/strike] 4,704.45 - Total= [strike]19,027.13[/strike] 17,746.89 FEB 09
    Freelance earnings - Feb 09 = £260 so far Make £30 a day in Feb - £260.40 of £840 5 NSD in Feb 09 - 1 of 5
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure