Asda crimbo beef & lamb offer

Options
rhcp
rhcp Posts: 2,035 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
As usual, Asda are doing their Christmas offer for beef and lamb.

Asda butcher's selection large beef joint £4.97/kg

Asda butcher's selection lamb leg bone in joint £5.97/kg.

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    rhcp wrote: »
    As usual, Asda are doing their Christmas offer for beef and lamb.

Asda butcher's selection large beef joint £4.97/kg

Asda butcher's selection lamb leg bone in joint £5.97/kg.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/beef-joints/asda-butchers-selection-large-beef-joint-typically-1.8kg/5996903

https://groceries.asda.com/product/lamb-joints/asda-butchers-selection-lamb-leg-bone-in-joint-typically-2.3kg/6037108
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,225 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • sarah1972
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    The reviews are not good, at least I suppose credit to Asda for publishing them

I love the Asda beef joints and will be stocking up for the freezer, unlike Tesco beef that is inedible in my opinion. Can’t speak for the lamb as I don’t eat it but I always buy the lamb for my hubby and I cut it up and freeze in portions and he says it’s great.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Of course it could be the way the individuals cooked them.

At that price per kilo then they'll be cheaper than casserole beef or shin so for slow cooking I'd assume they'll be fine.

The joints are far too big for us so for the past couple of years I've bought one or two and cut them up into small joints and cubes for casseroling.
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

I bought lamb & beef from Asda the last twice it's been on offer, the lamb was absolutely horrible! Not sure if it's because it was English, & I usually have NZ.

Thanks anyway rhcp, don't mean to appear ungrateful.
  • sarah1972
    Options
    DUKE wrote: »
    I bought lamb & beef from Asda the last twice it's been on offer, the lamb was absolutely horrible! Not sure if it's because it was English, & I usually have NZ.

Thanks anyway rhcp, don't mean to appear ungrateful.

It is New Zealand Lamb?
  • downshifted
    downshifted Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All New Zealand lamb is Halal
    Downshifted

September GC £251.21/£250 October £248.82/£250 January £159.53/£200
  • sarah1972
    Options
    All New Zealand lamb is Halal

The majority is but not all. At least New Zealand have compulsory stunning to an animal before slaughter (even halal) unlike a lot of countries.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure