Olay Anti-Wrinkle Firm and Lift half price at Boots

Options
melbury
melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
edited 12 March 2019 at 6:53PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Was going to order this from Superdrug for £9.99 BOGOF, but then found this brilliant offer at Boots for the amazing price of £2.99.

https://www.boots.com/olay-anti-wrinkle-firm-and-lift-anti-ageing-moisturiser-day-lotion-spf15-100ml-10061380

Lots of other Olay products on offer as well.

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 12 Mar:

If you shop online at Boots, you can get 50% off a selection of skincare products, including Olay Complete lightweight 3in1 moisturiser for £2.99 (norm £5.99). The next cheapest we found was £2.95 (norm £5.99) at Superdrug.

When we checked on Tue 12 Mar, we found the following strong discounts:

- Simple refreshing facial wash - £1.90 (norm £3.80)
- E45 cream for dry skin & eczema - £2.93 (norm £4.40)
- Olay Regenerist UV lotion, SPF 15 - £14.46 (norm £21.69)

We’ve asked Boots how long this offer will last, but it hasn’t got back to us yet, so go quick if this is something you’d like.

For more offers, check out our Boots deals page.

Big thanks to melbury for the spot! [purplesignup][/purplesignup]
Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Out of interest, has anyone found this product to mix well with foundation?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • girlchops
    girlchops Posts: 331 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Out of interest, has anyone found this product to mix well with foundation?
    My mum who is a lady of a certain age uses this instead of primer under her foundation because she finds the primers and some foundations drying. Her foundation can be one of several brands from premium to Poundshop finds and this seems to work with them. She leaves about 10-15 minutes after putting this olay on before applying her foundation to prevent roll off.
    HTH
  • Ellidee
    Ellidee Posts: 6,216 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I went into Boots in a town about 10 miles from where I live today to purchase this. I couldn't see it with the Olay products so asked at the till. She checked for me and told me that they had only had one yes ONE of these delivered and it had gone ! She did order it online for me to be delivered to a store nearer to me. Not impressed to say the least
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Thanks all - have been encouraged to order some. BUT be warned - I read "triple points until Monday" but this is limited to premium beauty (and fragrances).

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ellidee wrote: »
    I went into Boots in a town about 10 miles from where I live today to purchase this. I couldn't see it with the Olay products so asked at the till. She checked for me and told me that they had only had one yes ONE of these delivered and it had gone ! She did order it online for me to be delivered to a store nearer to me. Not impressed to say the least

You order it online and have it delivered to your local Boots for free.
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• Ellidee
    Ellidee Posts: 6,216 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    melbury wrote: »
    You order it online and have it delivered to your local Boots for free.

Thanks but yes I know that, have ordered stuff online from them before, just thought I would look in store as I was in that town anyway.
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Ellidee wrote: »
    Thanks but yes I know that, have ordered stuff online from them before, just thought I would look in store as I was in that town anyway.
    Shopping instore is fine if you're in the mood to browse / treat yourself to something new.

If you know what you want, IME its better to order on line. Even the larger stores have problems with stock (no good if you're doing some product-specific code-stacking) and its just less hassle to order on line if you don't need to used something in the next 24 hours and can later collect from the store.

Btw when I ordered, taking Advantage points into account I managed to get the cost down to the equivalent of £2.30 per unit. £2 would have been better but I'm not complaining. Talk about a cheap thrill :D

• VfM4meplse
    Options
    Just to update you, I like this product. It sinks in readily, is non-greasy and as indicated by other posters, mixed well with foundation. However it is a lotion rather than a cream so be aware of its high water content.

• koalakoala
    koalakoala Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I didn't like the Lyft creams at all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts