An Old Pension - Possibly?

Options
My wife worked for NatWest Bank for 6 years immediately after leaving school in 1966 until 1972.

What is the best way to make enquiries to determine if any pension should be payable?

Comments

• mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    She should phone the Natwest Pension administrators, with her NI number and other personal details, and ask.
    try 0207 649 9499 (I googled it, same as you could have done, - no idea if it's still current)
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,427 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My wife worked for NatWest Bank for 6 years immediately after leaving school in 1966 until 1972.

She may be in for a disappointment. A relation of mine worked for Natwest at almost exactly the same time and was not eligible because of a rule that required the member of staff to be aged (I think ) 26 before becoming eligible for the scheme.

I remember his saying that he left for another employer (luckily with FS scheme for which he was eligible) after ten years (from age 16) with Natwest and was either not quite/only just at starting pension point.
  • Arejay
    Arejay Posts: 6 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 November 2018 at 9:54PM
    Options
    mgdavid
    Thank you for your reply.
    I did Google the query but just wondered whether anyone on here had any definitive information.

xylophone
    Thanks, I did read something to that effect but I`ll give the number in the previous post a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure