BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
edited 30 November 2017 at 11:17PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]

Comments

• Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Seriously?! You think because she’s vaping she’s going to end up on hard drugs?! There are a lot of vape liquids that are nicotine free even so it might not be even that’s she’s ingesting nicotine.
    She is eighteen years old therefore she is an adult. She can make her own decisions! I think you’re over-reacting just a tad. And why were you going through her stuff anyway?!
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    I'd have a conversation with her about it. If she's moved to vaping from smoking that's a good thing and you don't want her to go backwards!

However, nobody knows yet if there are going to be any long term health problems caused by inhaling whatever is in e-cigs, make sure she is aware that she is still taking a risk and that it isn't just a completely safe and harmless habit.

Nicotine isn't especially harmful, its just addictive. Its the other stuff in cigarettes (and possibly in vape liquid) that's the worry. If she has quit smoking and that's why she's vaping, maybe talk to her about other options? Suggest a trip to the GP to get patches or an inhalator or some mints on prescription for free?
  • BOBS
    edited 30 November 2017 at 11:18PM
    Options
  • OldMotherTucker
    Options
    Sadly all the yummy flavours are aimed mainly at youngsters - Vimto and the like!

My nine year old great nephew is fascinated by his uncle's flavoured vapes, following him out into the garden and trying to inhale the fog!

Kids emulate adults. Businesses market accordingly. This is the way of the world.
  • BOBS
    Options
  • wondercollie
    Options
    Google popcorn lung. Vaping causes problems
  • fairy_lights
    Options
    BOBS wrote: »
    Just discovered our lovely 18 year daughter is vaping , I was snooping - equipment fell out of bag when I was moving it - feeling absolutely gutted and terribly worried that this is a step on the rocky ladder to trying other substances.
    Havent spoken to her yet but know I will have to tonight.
    Honestly if you weren't a long standing forum member I would suspect you of trolling, this reaction is so overblown.
    AT 18 she is old enough to make these choices and research the health risks of vaping herself. There are far, far worse things you could have found in her bag.
  • BOBS
    Options
  • SuperPikachu
    Options
    Vaping is just as bad as smoking.

You are addicted to NICOTINE.

If they have no nicotine in them then why the hell are you doing it? You don't look cool and are probably damaging your lungs.

The fact that people in this thread do not see this as a problem or as serious as it should be is a worry.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,725 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    edited 1 December 2017 at 10:45AM
    Options
    Vaping is just as bad as smoking.

You are addicted to NICOTINE.

If they have no nicotine in them then why the hell are you doing it? You don't look cool and are probably damaging your lungs.

The fact that people in this thread do not see this as a problem or as serious as it should be is a worry.
    They certainly don't.
    Surrounded by a cloud - and I really do mean a cloud - of 'vapour'. :rotfl:

I'm confused why vapers seem to suck on the whatever-it's-called almost continuously, like a baby with a dummy.

I can't comment on the OP's 'issue' as he/she appears to have deleted all their posts. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure