Is the glamour giveaway still a thing?

Back in the day when I was a huge comper, the glamour giveaway was one of the biggest comping events of the year! Do they still do it every year or has that one stopped?

Thanks all xxx
back to comping after a 2 year break!! Mission… to win a gift for all my family for Christmas!

Comments

• ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hasn’t been one for a few years now
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • Iggy1313
    Iggy1313 Posts: 553 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Nooooooo, I loved that!! Ah well. Thanks for the reply x
    back to comping after a 2 year break!! Mission… to win a gift for all my family for Christmas!
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    And the Saturday morning Wishlist where you had to email in...
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • Iggy1313
    Iggy1313 Posts: 553 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    And the Saturday morning Wishlist where you had to email in...

Oh the nostalgia is killing me, some things are still here though....like YOU grannybiker!! Xxxx
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    They used to do some cracking prizes, but then it dwindled a bit and it seemed that every other day they gave just false eyelashes away.
    Some of it was still decent stuff though.
    There was another one that was like every 15 minutes (I think it was one of the newspapers), and that stopped too.
    I think some of it was down to people whinging about daft things - think it got mentioned on here as well.
    Shame. Some of those kinds of comps were quite good.
    It's a bit like some of the fondly remembered advents too. All gone now :(
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • i loved the Glamour giveaways. I only recently had to replace the hairdryer that i won in in the 2006 competition!
  • xoxlauraxox
    xoxlauraxox Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    lots of yearly competitions that sadly dont run anymore. It is not what it used to be.

Does anyone remember the instant win where you had to search for something on a certain search engine and won john lewis vouchers? that was amazing I won hundreds worth. Also the mcvities instant win from years ago where you won cash!
    Thanks to everyone that posts :T:money:
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    lots of yearly competitions that sadly dont run anymore. It is not what it used to be.

Does anyone remember the instant win where you had to search for something on a certain search engine and won john lewis vouchers? that was amazing I won hundreds worth. Also the mcvities instant win from years ago where you won cash!

That McVities one was great. I think everybody put on weight with that one 'cos you had to buy packets for the codes :rotfl:
    I won once, but it was for £50 :T and it did a sort of 'ta-dah!' noise if you won.
    Great days.
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 March 2019 at 10:34PM
    If all the really good competitions from a few years ago that still run today were listed it would be a very small, or even an empty, list - they either don't run/the prizes are smaller (magazines etc) or, as is the case with proper ITV and C4 competitions, free web entry has been replaced by the postal route.

That being said it's not completely bad news as there has been an increase in Bauer* Radio cash competitions which at the moment still have free web entry.

(*Bauer with all their magazines, click to wins and radio stations account for more web entry competitions than anyone else, both by number of competitions and value of prizes)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure