Tesco Not Paid Me

Options
Hi

Has anyone had this issue?

I started working for Tesco on 2nd May 2018 and worked 30 hours, including a days induction which involved traveling 34 miles to the nearest centre.

I left after doing this work, handing in the required notice letter, as I was offered another job with more hours.

I was due to be paid on 1st June but no pay!

I contacted my ex-manager who said this was very unusual and she would contact payroll (I have all of this in writing) but nothing at all to date.

I contacted the Union, which I joined on the day of my induction, but they have no record of me

Has anyone any suggestions - any help gratefully accepted?

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Have you tried contacting the HR department. Presumably you had a letter before you started which will have the details on. Did you provide Tesco with all your bank details? If not, it's possible they are having to raise a cheque and send that to you which might delay things.
  • CarolK
    CarolK Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the reply

I did have a job offer via email, and filled in all of the forms including my bank details.

I then passed this all over to my line manager - I have had nothing back other than a confirmation email from her stating that she had received my notice letter which included my hours worked and travel expenses, and was dealing with it.

I also have some texts from her, but to date no money and no further contact

I cannot find a number for HR
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    CarolK wrote: »

I cannot find a number for HR

[URL="tel: 0843 557 4354"]0843 557 4354[/URL] http://www.headofficecontactnumber.co.uk/tesco/
  • CarolK
    Options
    Thanks. Much appreciated
  • Katapolt
    Katapolt Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    these things can take a while with Tesco. when i left i was underpaid and taken off payroll, so to get it sorted took quite a while.

Nag them a lot, theyll need it
  • CarolK
    Options
    Thanks, I will.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately, the website you mention is a premium rate "call connection service" which promotes a variety of expensive premium rate numbers that purport to "connect to" various organisations and businesses.

This is instead of the inclusive or free numbers that can be found directly on the various organisation's official website. Some may call this a scam.
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,744 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 20 June 2018 at 6:36AM
    Options
    Ian011 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the website you mention is a premium rate "call connection service" which promotes a variety of expensive premium rate numbers that purport to "connect to" various organisations and businesses.

This is instead of the inclusive or free numbers that can be found directly on the various organisation's official website. Some may call this a scam.

Thanks Ian011. This is a good reminder to go to a business website 1st when looking for telephone numbers. :money::beer:
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure