Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :) You & I know they are brilliant especially the Defea :D for compartments but I think TM is more upmarket than us :o

(saying that I do own a leather Defea but have never used it.. )

Quite a few of us on here have Kipling bags ;)

I was just pushing TM towards our taste of bags :D

I got a new Kipling purse for Christmas and prefer it to the old style this one.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XPBHHST/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DS got it me :A
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Thanks Seren are you one ?. No it’s not especially when she s holding down a demanding job with the council in financing ( she goes to schools to discuss their budget ) amongst other things and has the two young children.

No but I've sometimes wished I was :D

I've only assisted accountants on a temp basis in the past, I used to do the clients' book-keeping for two accountants, and it was fascinating. Shoe-boxes full of a year's worth of tatty receipts, that sort of thing. I used to transform all the muddle into tidy books so that the guys had accurate figures to work with. :)

Dawn is in a different league altogether, definitely not easy for her with a job and family as well. But the rewards will be worth it.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Well I’m pleased to say Dawn passed her 10 th out of 12 exams to become a chartered accountant :D

:j:j Congratulations :j:j
    tweets wrote: »
    Quite a few of us on here have Kipling bags ;)

I was just pushing TM towards our taste of bags :D

I got a new Kipling purse for Christmas and prefer it to the old style this one.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XPBHHST/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DS got it me :A

You and snap persuaded me, I now own a fair few :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    Options
    For the bird lovers, think they are all in our garden, our feeder had about 20 on it then in the bush loads aswell

20180113_153154.jpg
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    For the bird lovers, think they are all in our garden, our feeder had about 20 on it then in the bush loads aswell

20180113_153154.jpg

I hear they taste rather nice.... but not much meat on them!

Right off to Mr A... :(
  • tweets
    Options
    :j:j Congratulations :j:j

You and snap persuaded me, I now own a fair few :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:T:T:T I bet it didn't take much persuading ;)
  • tweets
    Options

20180113_153154.jpg

Are they blue tits ? :)
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that, thought I didn't recognise the name.... Nearest centre 218 miles away :). Kwik fit a couple of pounds cheaper and then the CB and freebie.

Sorry about that I thought they were nationwide.
    I'm a misinformer again......
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 13 January 2018 at 5:29PM
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Looking for an additional Droid to activate an account for your OH ;). Pixi 3 price has dropped again. Note no NFC so this cannot be used to play the game, just to activate a new account.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ee-alcatel-one-touch-pixi-3-35-inch-1499-499-10-top-up-argos-collection-2876275

Now down to £4.99 in Arg0s - in theory £10 top up required, but order online and pay with Fasttrack collection and only pay £4.99.

CEX seem to be paying £15 for trade in.

Untested... but ordered ready for activating at the end of the month so I can play in February :). You are limited to ordering 1 from Arg0s ... per order it seems ;).

HTH

Anon
    I fancy giving it another try, but I only have one account that I can set up on it, and thats the one I used. My other accounts are Starling bank and Barclays, and neither are listed as being able to use on the droid app :(
    Been shopping online for 2 front tyres.
    Did a bit of research
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92873/all-season-tyre-test-20172018-results-by-category

Checked prices for nearly all fitters etc.

Best Price for my choice of Michelin was Kwik Fit, also says you can get free mobile fitting for 2 or more tyres.

Best price per tyre by at least £10. also freebie winter care kit when ordered online
    https://www.kwik-fit.com/offers/michelin-winter-kit-offer and CB from Q 3.5%TCB 3.28%

Still just about £100 each :eek: but as car is the newest I have ever had, I want to make sure I get th best I can.

Hope this can help others who may be looking for tyres.

Also you normally get your receipt in a wee booklet that sometimes has money off stuff in it. I know the staff at my local and have always had good service from them.

I am shocked the Vredestein Quatrac are not on that test, as they usually come top/near the top. I can personally recommend them, great tyres, and amazing in the snow. Cheaper than some of the other makes too.
    http://whichtyres.com/2015/06/vredestein-quatrac-all-season-tyres-are-they-the-ultimate-driving-experience/
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,008 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In A now, just child going banana egg muller is still trigger? Thanks
    I think....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories