Pre-Approved for a Zopa Loan?

Options
MentalMinnie
MentalMinnie Posts: 814 Forumite
I did a search on Money Supermarket for a loan to purchase a car and the results state “100% chance of approval - the lender has accepted you for this loan, at this rate as long as you pass their routine ID and fraud checks” has anyone else had this? The lender is Zopa. The dealership is offer I gotta 9.9% compared to Zopa’s 2.9%.

Just don’t want to apply then get refused. Money supermarket didn’t take any details of income or expenditure so I don’t know what to think?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did a search on Money Supermarket for a loan to purchase a car and the results state !!!8220;100% chance of approval - the lender has accepted you for this loan, at this rate as long as you pass their routine ID and fraud checks!!!8221; has anyone else had this? The lender is Zopa. The dealership is offer I gotta 9.9% compared to Zopa!!!8217;s 2.9%.

Just don!!!8217;t want to apply then get refused. Money supermarket didn!!!8217;t take any details of income or expenditure so I don!!!8217;t know what to think?

So you went as far as money supermarket ?

Without any salary details how can Zopa say your pre approved ?

Make an application and see what eate your offered ?

The rate offered could depend on the amount your asking, your salary.
  • MentalMinnie
    MentalMinnie Posts: 814 Forumite
    edited 8 April 2018 at 11:04PM
    Options
    Sorry, I don!!!8217;t follow when you say !!!8216;went as far as money supermarket!!!8217;?

Just been back on the website and looked again, I have a user profile so I!!!8217;ve got all my personal details updated and it does actually ask about my income.
  • DCFC79
    edited 8 April 2018 at 11:19PM
    Options
    Sorry, I don!!!8217;t follow when you !!!8216;went as far as money supermarket!!!8217;?

Just been back on the website and looked again, I have a user profile so I!!!8217;ve got all my personal details updated and it does actually ask about my income.

So you did a search on money supermarket yes ?
    Did you click to go through to the zopa site ?

If you didnt then you only went as far as moneysupermarket.

Anyway go to zopa and apply and see what rate you get offered.
  • MentalMinnie
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    So you did a search on money supermarket yes ?
    Did you click to go through to the zopa site ?

If you didnt then you only went as far as moneysupermarket.

Anyway go to zopa and apply and see what rate you get offered.

Ah, sorry. I mis-read and mos-understood what you’d written. Blame my 6 week old baby for that!
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Options
    Be aware that the dealership offer of 9.9% may well be flat rate. Car dealerships are prone to this sneaky trick. Make sure that what they are offering you is 9.9% APR.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • DCFC79
    Options
    Ah, sorry. I mis-read and mos-understood what you’d written. Blame my 6 week old baby for that!

Apologies MM I could have explained it better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure