Loans using welfare payments

Options
Hi I was wondering if there are a list of loan companies that use benefit payments as part of your income for loan eligibility. I have working tax credit, DLA for my son, and child benefit. I can't seem to find any and it's not until you enquire individually that you find out that the company doesn't accept it. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,

May i ask why you are looking for a loan ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately there isn't a list of companies that do however sub-prime lenders like Oakham advertise they do but given the ridiculously high rates of interest you really really don't want to go there unless you are happy repaying three times what you borrowed.
  • Farmer_Johnson
    Options
    If you have no savings, so need a loan, this suggests that you spend all that you receive so where will the money come from to repay the loan?

You are unlikely to find any reasonably priced loans in your situation so will probably need to cut back, save up, and buy what you want later.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    DWP budgeting loan ? interest free
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Credit union.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    I would exercise caution if you relying on benefits only and looking to borrow. This may not be the wisest option as committing probably already a reduced income to repaying borrowing may get you into a debt hole. Credit union is probably your best bet.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • elle_may
    elle_may Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    You would not be able to include DLA in any loan as that is your son's income.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Sourcrates' question is relevant. Do you have priority debts (e.g. rent or council tax) that you are trying to pay off?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure