Slayerx's adventure into the world of been Debt Free (last updated 30.06.09)

Options
Slayerx
Slayerx Posts: 1,283 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 30 June 2009 at 7:57PM in Debt free diaries
So I've finally decided to keep a diary I think it will help motivate me to been debt free if I can literally see the progress I have made.

So anyway a list of my debt:
  • Career Development Loan - 678.00
  • Barclay CC - 782.43
  • Halifax Loan - £699.38 - paid back at 102.85 p/m will try to settle early if possible if not will be paid back by Dec.
  • Halifax CC - 1380.90 Min payments for now.
  • HSBC CC - 907.13 Interest free until Dec 09 so just min payments for now.
  • Virgin CC - 300.00 looking to clear end of this month if possible with my commission from work or to clear at least half the balance.
  • Egg CC - 536.16 Interest free until July 09.
Not looking good but if I can get my loans paid off by the end of the year I hope to then use that £300 + to really hammer my credit cards and each month I do try to overpay, on at least one of my cards.

I wish I could be gauranteed commission each month the extra £200 - £300 a month would really help but its not easy hitting target in my role.

Anyway i'm going to try update the post from time to time with my progress and fingers crossed I will be debt free sometime next year :D :T
Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 065

Comments

• Slayerx
    Options
    Ok good news my Barclays loan is only £878.80 which is less than I thought it was so the plan is to pay off my Virgin CC this month and then with just 678.80 left after this months £200.00 payment to the loan I'm going to pay £339.40 in July and August to have it cleared.

I can't really overpay my Halifax loan so I can then start to throw money at my Egg CC and hopefully that will also be paid off before Xmas.

Leaving me with just the 3 Credit Cards left :)

Well thats if it all goes to plan.
  • MissKJ
    MissKJ Posts: 780 Forumite
    Options
    welcome slayerx!
    unsecured Debts at [strike]August 2007 £79,984[/strike] September £79,579 [STRIKE]Snowballing date July 2013[/STRIKE].

May 2009, £76,772 unsecured debts

DMP started Dec 2008, End date at start 2133!
  • Slayerx
    Options
    Hey MissKJ :)
  • Slayerx
    Options
    Apologies for the lack of news.

Anyway I got paid Friday so I started making extra payments off credit cards today which felt good :)

Change of plan I have balance transferred the Virgin CC to my HSBC as I was offered a really low interest rate for 6 months and it won't effect my HSBC balance which was already on the CC at 0% interest.

Virgin CC to be cancelled once they receive funds should be sometime this week, and its getting cancelled this time none of that just in case of emergencies nonsense.

Increased by Career Development loan today to 239.00 now as I want it cleared asap so I can use the extra £200 to pau off extra on the Halifax and Barclay Card as they have the higher intrest.

I'll post new balances at the end of the month and i'll post once the Virgin CC is cancelled forever :)
  • Slayerx
    Options
    Virgin CC has been cancelled they tried to keep me but I was firm and said No !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport