DIP/Mortgages

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's just a generic letter - I'd certainly query the way it's phrased, it seems to be getting people's hopes up too soon!! What they mean to say is that they'll get through your app one way or the other as soon as possible - but they want to keep it positive. I think they may have gone too far that way though!

The initial assessment is just that - the initial view is that they will consider you (confirmed by DIP and now by the case UW), but they are likely to need more information (maybe reasons for PDL etc).

Within 6 months isn't great BUT it referred and was accepted, that's a fairly positive sign - I'm sure they'd decline sooner rather than later if they felt it was going to be a no.

We also don't know if broker spoke to Leeds - if so, they may have agreed to take it on, which further helps.

At this stage you just don't know - the extra documents you provided yesterday will be assessed and a decision made.

Generally once the app is in, underwriters will want to lend and work to do so - unless something pretty bad comes up.

If your bank statements are OK, keep positive! :)
  • Elson_Cj
    Elson_Cj Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, I thought it was generic but it has indeed got our hopes up (wrongly) - our broker team are in contact with LBS on a regular basis. They said it’s been looked over by the UW who requested more documents to which they have provided.

The broker updated us and said:
    The good news is, based on the information they had upon submission (including the initial documentation), Leeds have already said that they are provisionally happy with the case �� They have the additional documents and information in the queue at the moment, and provided they accept those it’s all looking pretty good so far – of course I can’t guarantee anything.

No questions about the PDL yet. It sounds like they wanted some documents specific to our broker company. They also said about getting a valuation completed by LBS so certainly a step closure!
  • Elson_Cj
    Options
    We received an update from our broker today to say that the documents provided have been assessed and it’s now been moved to the final assessment. Does anyone know what this is?
  • Elson_Cj
    Options
    Valuation has now been booked for Tuesday. Is this a good sign?
  • Elson_Cj
    Options
    The valuation was done early and came back as expected. They have asked for the transfer fee of £35 to be paid prior to a mortgage offer?

At this stage, does anyone have any experiences...is this a good sign that they are likely to offer?
  • Elson_Cj
    Options
    By some miracle, we have had a mortgage offer issued today! What a relief! Anything is possible, just need a bit of luck!
  • ConMan
    ConMan Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations. Hope all goes well.
    You'll find me sat in the corner with a pack of dry roasted and a Guinness.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure