Testable - Academic Research studies

Options

Comments

• allison445
    Options
    Just a heads up to people about testables new verification process Its not mandatory but according to the email I received there basically saying you won't get as many studies if you don't as there studies haven't been that regular I for 1 won't be bothering
    email details read

The academic community using Testable Minds and other similar platforms to collect data online has recently expressed valid concerns about some participants in academic studies. Whereas the vast majority of you are well-meaning, hard-working, reliable individuals who help push science forward, there is a small minority who muddle the data by creating multiple accounts with false identities or by providing nonsensical, careless answers.

To ensure the highest quality of data collected on Testable Minds, we are excited to announce the next step in our quest to become the best and most reliable subject pool: an optional identity verification process with many other great benefits!

What do you need to do?

1) Verify your phone. You must provide a valid mobile number, registered in the country where you are located.

2) Verify your identity. You must upload an official ID document, together with a clear picture of your face from a live camera (webcam). We will verify that your full name, date of birth, and sex match the information we have on file, and we will verify that your photo on the ID document matches the photo taken with your live camera. We have state-of-the-art security protocols in place and your name, photo, ID document, and phone number are for verification purposes only. We will not share this information with anyone, ever. Furthermore, we delete the ID document that you've sent to us after we've confirmed your identity.

3) Create a Revolut account and order your card (free for you). We have convinced the amazing people at Revolut to partner with us and offer all Testable Minds a free physical card (value $7). You must use the link we give you to create an account with Revolut. We will process all payments to you through Revolut, at no extra fees for you. (Tip: You can share the link with your friends. They will also get a free physical card from Revolut). Note that Revolut is not yet available in all countries, but will be there very soon.

The verification process is optional, but we strongly recommend that you verify your account now. More and more researchers will restrict their studies to verified minds, so if you don’t verify your identity you are likely to miss on many studies. There are other benefits as well.

What are the benefits for you?
    Access to more studies, with larger payments

Free, faster and automatic cash-outs. When you reach the withdrawal threshold, we will automatically transfer your balance to your Revolut account, free of charge.

Chance to win $20 every month. On the 31st of each month, we will organise the “Pick a mind” lottery giving $20 to one lucky mind per every 1,000 verified minds who login at least once during that month. For example, if at the end of this month we will have 1,800 verified minds, we will offer two prizes of $20 each.

A free physical card from Revolut worth $7.

$1 bonus paid immediately to your Revolut account.

Trust and data quality are crucial for the success of Testable Minds. Now we have a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate to all researchers why our community is the best! Verify your account now and get priority access to future studies on Testable Minds.
  • allison445
    allison445 Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Social Psychology
    Classification of words
    6/150 minds tested
    12 min
    $1

First survey for a while
  • Viksnco
    Viksnco Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Predicting faces from voices
    1/60 minds tested
    15 minutes
    $2

I couldnt get it to verify my identity on this despite having already verified it with Testable Minds :mad: This could be why only 1/60 minds have been tested!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    National Lottery survey $2.50

Opportunity to also refer friends for an extra $1 if they also complete it and sign up to Testable. Haven't a clue how many places left sorry
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just did that one too, also just noticed there's no minimum to withdraw anymore. I clicked on studies and it's asked me to verify things to be an elite mind?! Perhaps there would be more studies then :rotfl:
  • Ivana_B_Rich
    Options
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    just noticed there's no minimum to withdraw anymore.

That's good to know, with so few studies I've a long way to go to $20. :D

I'm refusing the verification, for me it's too intrusive so I'm expecting my studies/earnings to be limited.
    Saving a house deposit. Member no.7 100% of target :D

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
  • wjr4
    wjr4 Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just withdrew $2.50 as it said it was the most I could withdraw and now it says I need $20 or more to withdraw, argh!
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and should not be seen as financial advice.
  • wjr4
    wjr4 Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    & they charged me to accept the money via paypal!
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and should not be seen as financial advice.
  • Cybi-Ping
    Options
    I tried to withdraw $5.50 and it said I could only withdraw $2.50 at a time so I withdrew $2.50 with the intention of immediately withdrawing another $2.50 but the minimum withdrawal limit jumped up to $10. My first $2.50 is still pending after a week.

This site is tedious with constant identity checks even after you've become a verified user and it's probably not worth the hassle.
  • allison445
    Options
    $4
    Cognition
    Tests of language, perception and personality
    Jamie Ward, University of Sussex
    41/50 minds tested

First survey for a while I received an email invitation to this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure