Staircasing Help To Buy loan

Options
I'm most of the way through this process; valuation on property done, admin fee paid to Target (loan company), mortgage in principle in place and redemption forms received. According to the instructions from Target, I HAVE to use a solicitor to complete the redemption process. Is it a legal requirement that I use a solicitor or could I complete the process independently? Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's their requirement and likely to be a lender requirement as well as a legal charge has to be removed.

Therefore you have no choice. But no, there is no Mandatory Solicitor For HTB Redemption Act (2016).
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Kmf898
    Options
    That's great thank you so much for your advice, I really appreciate it.
  • Goia
    Options
    We arw in the process as well but we have found out not all banks with HTB products do staircasing for HTB. Which back are you using?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Goia wrote: »
    We arw in the process as well but we have found out not all banks with HTB products do staircasing for HTB. Which back are you using?

Answer is in the opening post if read it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure