Is it foolish to buy my first house before Brexit?

Options
2»

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Next year, the year after and so on... there will be 300,000 or more coming in from the EU/non-EU just as we have seen for the last five years plus.

They will all need somewhere to live. That has never been in doubt.

Uncertainty surrounds the split of the source of the immigrants, the number is fact.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The UK has been in control of its immigration policy and the EU immigration issue is a complete red herring. We have more non-EU immigrants than EU immigrants. EU rules allow member states to do certain things in respect of immigration. The UK Govt has never used those things.

Immigration wont change much post Brexit.

The UK has supply/demand issues and Brexit is not going to change that.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure