Mortgage Free

Options
Knew it was going to happen soon but surprised to check mortgage balance this morning and found -£319.49 so lender owe us this amount and we are now mortgage free!!

Now just need to figure out where to put £1k per month mortgage payment for best return!!

Comments

• Hazelnutty
    Options
    Huge congratulations!

How did you do it? What would be your top tips?
    Choose kind:)
  • Murielson
    Options
    Unfortunately I did it the hard way by paying mortgages from 1988 (ish) onwards, changing house occasionally and taking profit from one to the other and overpaying regularly, no matter what interests rates were doing and minimum payments to lender should be.
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow congratulations!! Enjoy the options and freedom you now have with the monthly mortgage pennies :D

Totally inspiring!!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news for you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure