Shopandscan - screenwise

Options

Comments

• paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fifeken wrote: »
    My TV box with the lights on it takes it's power from a clip type thing that goes around the TV mains cable. This means when the TV goes off, power is also cut to the box. Do you have something like this?

There are 3 cables coming from the tv box. One-split wired cable that is fixedto back of the tv, one flat type cable that connects to the router and a power cable.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There are 3 cables coming from the tv box. One-split wired cable that is fixedto back of the tv, one flat type cable that connects to the router and a power cable.
    Maybe different boxes nowadays, but on mine, the flat cable terminates in a small box which clips over the mains cable. There is no direct connection to the router - I guess it must be wireless?

The other two sound the same (the split one goes to two microphones). From memory (and it's been there for a few years now) the power cable powers the receiver to get a signal from the handset with other power coming from the flat cable for data transmission.
  • paul2louise
    Options
    fifeken wrote: »
    Maybe different boxes nowadays, but on mine, the flat cable terminates in a small box which clips over the mains cable. There is no direct connection to the router - I guess it must be wireless?

The other two sound the same (the split one goes to two microphones). From memory (and it's been there for a few years now) the power cable powers the receiver to get a signal from the handset with other power coming from the flat cable for data transmission.

Actually I think u are right. That many wires at back of my TV can't tell what goes where.
    Having spoken to an assistant it appears that the clamp might not be doing the right job. I need to wiggle it about a bit.
    Can't install app on iPad as it's too old. Can't link Google account. Assistant couldn't really help. Said to phone tomorrow and they might be able to help in the morning.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Having spoken to an assistant it appears that the clamp might not be doing the right job. I need to wiggle it about a bit.

That's what I meant in my post #2, jiggle it about.

The clamp pickup that fits over the TV mains is easily removed and refitted. It has a slider grip, no screws or anything. You can just ease it along the TV cable without doing any damage or harm

I had to get it as near the TV as possible to prevent stray pickups from my spaghetti of cables behind the TV
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • KJON
    KJON Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Had Screenwise for a few days now - when your viewer icons start flashing during watching what are you supposed to do? I!!!8217;ve both pressed a button and left it and there doesn!!!8217;t seem to be any difference? Tia !!!55357;!!!56898;
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When you press a button on the handset, the flashing lights should stop leaving only the light corresponding to the button you pressed lit up.
  • aardvaak
    aardvaak Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am on Shop & Scan but haven't heard of Screenwise - What is it?
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    aardvaak wrote: »
    I am on Shop & Scan but haven't heard of Screenwise - What is it?

It is S & S monitoring what is watched on your TV. Invite only as per usual
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • paul2louise
    Options
    I don't have a lock on my tablet but in the last few days the screenwise app has kept popping up saying I need password or pin protection. I don't want to lock it. Has this happened to anyone else.
  • atlantis187
    atlantis187 Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i have just been invited to this panel is it worth doing and is there a certain amount of devices you have to let them monitor?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure