High Income and High Debt

So, I would like to tell my story and maybe get some advise o what I can do to overcame this mountain of debt that I have now.

I moved to UK to be with my partner. Luckily I had a good job in my area with a good income... But unfortunately my partner didn't have the same means, so all of the expenses were kept by me solely.
We bought a house, having his money as deposit, but all the payments towards the mortgage were made by me.

Well... we broke up... and I had lots of debts acquired because of him... now I'm a better mental space after the nasty end of our relationship, however... financially broke.

at the moment I have:

- a loan of 25K that costs 740 GBP a month
- credit card with a balance of 4800 GBP
- credit card with a balance of 4900 GBP
- credit card with a balance of 2500 GBP
- credit card with a balance of 2300 GBP
- credit card with a balance of 1100 GBP

I do have a good income of 42K a year, but all the payments are leaving me with little to nothing money to spare...:(

To top everything... I now have a new partner that came to fix me from inside:A a real angel, that gives me the confidence to start a new life.

I would like to know what would be the best option to sort it out this mess? What is the arrangement with the lowest impact on my credit? The ideal solution would be a loan to cover the value of everything that could be spread for a long term... but I'm not sure if this is even possible?

any help or tips would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi mevopur and welcome to the forum :)

To get any meaningful advice, you will need to post up your Statement of Affairs (SOA), so that we can see your exact circumstances.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • username901
    username901 Posts: 236 Forumite
    Is the house in your name / do you still own it and live there.

Once you already own a home, having a tiptop credit history isn't that important. You have a very high level of debt - pretty much equal to your salary. Further loans will not help, nor will they be achievable at a sensible APR
  • Smellyonion
    Smellyonion Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Looks like you have 40k worth of debt. It all depends on the interest rates of the debt and a SOA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure