NHS Dental charges

Options
I'm having a course of dental treatment involving root canal work and a crown. My last appointment was in February and two follow up appointments for the crown work were made for 4 weeks later.
Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to cancel the first of the crown appointments, my dentist said that the second appointment would also have to be cancelled and both were changed for dates in April.
Yesterday I had a message from my dental practice to in form me, that because it has been more than 2 months since my last appointment they would have to charge again as a new course of treatment.
Does this sound right?

Comments

• Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes (other words).
  • welshdent
    welshdent Posts: 1,990 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think it is often down to individual practices how they manage this but yes, they can. You would only have to pay again for the examination however or the band 1 component of the band 3 charge. There is no way to extend the fees over. The second appointment would have had to be cancelled as this fitting appointment is too short to change to a preparation appointment. As a guide I require 1 hour to prepare a tooth for a crown but 15 - 20 minutes to fit it.
    You cant fit a crown that hasnt been made.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure