Credit file help

Options
Hi

Asking for my partner but we are having a few issues with our credit file with NRAM

We did our BR in April 2013 and discharged 2014 we done the credit file letters as advised and credit file was all good

We have now had our credit reports this month and our BR has gone from the reports ( hooray) but my partner has suddenly had NRAM our old mortgage reappear with a default balance of £103k and OS balance of £43k and the loan side of £15 k- these don’t show in mine and haven’t been on his for a long time ? We have sent a letter to NRAM last week and suddenly it has reappeared on his other credit file ..... they are showing as default and we are even 6 years past , we have raised a disputed but Experian said they will contact them
But won’t be able to remove it but have put a statutory statement on

Any ideas how we can sort this as we are wabtjng to get a mortgage on our current shared ownership home

Comments

• perfectos1
    Options
    Hi JACKSONCAZ

Annoyinng! Exactly the same with me early last month with 6 years mark passed, mortgage going through + NRAM adding the default 1 week before exchange on the new house.

- I wrote to NRAM (recorded delivery)
    - Few days after, I got a acknowledgement from NRAM..could take 28 days to check.
    - Within 2 weeks of the initial letter, NRAM wrote to advise that they would amend credit file(s)
    - I use checkmyfile (all the agencies) - now all clear.
    ** sorted within 3ish weeks**
    P.S. Above did not affect the new mortgage and for what it's worth - 'credit score' shot up.

I hope you will have a relative pain free process - as I did.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure