Nationwide Mortgage Renewal

Options
Bikitazim
Bikitazim Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 18 October 2018 at 4:36PM in Mortgages & endowments
Hi,
I am hoping that somebody may be able to help. I have just been made redundant and we are expecting a baby next June. I would prefer to get a temporary job between now and June, rather than starting a permanent job and then having to tell my new employer that I am pregnant. Our mortgage with Nationwide is due for renewal in October 2019, my question is do Nationwide carry out income checks for mortgage renewals? If I get a temporary job we will only have my husbands income.
Thank you in advance

Comments

• julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you're just getting a retention product then no, you should be able to do that online easily without income or credit checks. :)
    (This is what's true for pretty much all lenders afaik, but I'm sure someone can confirm it's the case for Nationwide specifically).
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mortgages aren't renewed. At the end of the product term your mortgage will simply default onto the NW's applicable variable rate. To avoid any manual credit checking. You'll need to apply online for another mortgage product from the options available to you.
  • d0nkeyk0ng
    Options
    As above. I'm with nationwide. We had a 2-year fixed rate mortgage and towards the end, they emailed with retention offers. So I arranged for a switch online for another few years. They even changed the house price so my LTV was lower. No credit checks and fairly painless to do. I'd do it again this year except I've since married and want a joint mortgage (which will involve credit checks).
  • Bikitazim
    Options
    Thank you so much
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills