Libre Ultra combined with MiaoMiao reader and Tomato app!!

Options
If you've understood the subject and opened the thread to read this you probably know what this is all about but if not, Freestyle Ultra is a blood glucose reader that Type 1 diabetics attach to their arm and use in combination with a smartphone app or separate reader to find out their blood sugar level at any time.

MiaoMiao is a separate device made by a Chinese company that attaches to the Libre Ultra reader and sends frequent blood sugar readings to an app called Tomato.

I'm asking about this because a friend of mine who has Freestyle Libre is thinking of getting a MiaoMiao device with the aim of being alerted if her blood sugar goes low in the night and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of this?

Comments

• Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No I don’t need them but knew vaguely what they were.

Have you looked at the diabetes.co.uk website? It is informative, up to date and they have thousands of people who follow it. You will find lots of people to help you.
  • Murmansk
    Murmansk Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hmm thanks, after posting here I did indeed concluded exactly what you've said myself - probably not many experts on finance on the diabetes forum either!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure