Carpet washing vacuum cleaner

Options
We used some Vanish on a tea stain on the carpet and realised just how much cleaner the area of the carpet came up - only a year old carpet, vacuumed daily, but ground in dirt I guess :(

Are any of the carpet washing type vacuum cleaners any good? Keep seeing the Vax one advertised on TV for £249, but wondered if theres a better/more popular one you would recommend?

Comments

• carly
    carly Posts: 1,414 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had a Vax and 2 Bissells in the past 40 years. The Bissell wins hands down, in every category including customer service and aftercare. Can't advise on a particular model as my current one is 6 years old and still works perfectly... Lots of info on their website as to which would suit you best. As with all cleaning and maintenance you get better results by regular use.
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,737 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Update for anyone who stumbles across this thread while searching, we went for the Vax ECB1SPV1 from eBay for £170 (manufacturer refurbished) and love it, highly recommend it. Cleaned our 1 year old carpet (that gets very little traffic) and the water was filthy, really enjoyed using it in fact
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure