The comp names are....??

Options
I’m so greatful for the folk that take the time t find these competitions and then share them with us. Its just made me laugh, recently, the names for a lot of the threads people have made have been a bit more obscure.

Instead of “win skincare products” or “£100 tool set.” The names have been just the brand of what it is? so I login now and just see a stream off “tickety boo.” “sleem” “ “Giggelefritz”

haha what IS ANY OFTHAT!?? WHAT DOES IT MEAN? :rotfl:

Comments

• Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,178 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The Advent competitions offer anything up to 24 different prizes, which can range from a bag of sweets to a £1000 TV on the same thread, so listing by the company hosting the advent is the only way to go.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 December 2019 at 4:17PM
    Options
    It's for Advent calendar Competitions, only happens in the run up to Christmas.

An advent competition is where they'll post (mostly) every day a new competition (think of a chocolate advent calendar where you open a box every day). So in one particular post (for example) Sony, it would be

A: 24/12 Sony

because A: it's an advent, so new prize every day ... the end date, and Sony is the "brand" that's offering the prizes.

It wouldn't be feasible to put the prizes in the title because the prize will change everyday and it wouldn't be practical to have a new post for every prize (100s of advent posts X up to 24 days/prizes).

Any "normal" competitions are still listed with the standard :

E: 24/12 Win a cuddly Giraffe

style, you just won't see as many of them in the run up to Christmas 'cause everyone's doing the advents.
  • Devilsroost
    Options
    Aaahhhhh that makes much more sense! I was wondering why the sudden change but hadn’t contended on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure