Returning member, got a few questions please

Options
chocolatecakeyumyum
chocolatecakeyumyum Posts: 31 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post
edited 3 December 2019 at 1:27PM in Compers chat corner
Hi All! I have some time on my hands so i thought I'd return to comping and try and do it more seriously this time but I was hoping to ask a few questions as the site overwhelmed me before. Any help with any questions greatly received and appreciated.

Firstly, when I was here before, the only thing I won was a £30 ikea voucher from some daily answer a question comp. I think it was something like bonza (I sound like my grandma, I'm sure the name started with a B but it probably started with a Z lol). Does anyone recognise this? If so is it still running please?

Secondly, I do all the weekly magazines, chat, TAB etc. I vaguely remember there being some posts about the answers to the weekly comps in them, is that still a thing? If so can you point me in the direction please?

Thirdly, what is the best way to order the comps on the main board to work through them? Work oldest to newest, or the opposite?

Fourthly, do you record what comps you enter in any way, if so how? I'm toying with the idea but think it might be time consuming for little benefit.

And finally (sorry I'm being greedy with my questions) where is best to start in your opnion? The main board, the daily comps? I find that apart from the main board, if I go into any of the threads of daily comps etc I get overwhelmed and feel like I'm missing stuff/getting things wrong.

Again apologies for all the questions, I just want to make sure i get the most from the forum and want to know I'm doing things right.

Thank you all and have a great and lucky day.
Wins:

12/12/19 Rabbit stocking
12/12/19 £10 JYSK gift card

Comments

• Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi All! I have some time on my hands so i thought I'd return to comping and try and do it more seriously this time but I was hoping to ask a few questions as the site overwhelmed me before. Any help with any questions greatly received and appreciated.

Welcome back!

Firstly, when I was here before, the only thing I won was a £30 ikea voucher from some daily answer a question comp. I think it was something like bonza (I sound like my grandma, I'm sure the name started with a B but it probably started with a Z lol). Does anyone recognise this? If so is it still running please?

Sorry not something I'm familiar with.

Secondly, I do all the weekly magazines, chat, TAB etc. I vaguely remember there being some posts about the answers to the weekly comps in them, is that still a thing? If so can you point me in the direction please?

The answers to the mag dailies are now posted on the main board a long with the answers to the other site, you can always use the search function to help you find the competitions you are looking for https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search.php?f=72

Thirdly, what is the best way to order the comps on the main board to work through them? Work oldest to newest, or the opposite?

I don't order the board I do it from posted last to the first.

Fourthly, do you record what comps you enter in any way, if so how? I'm toying with the idea but think it might be time consuming for little benefit.

I tick the competitions I enter and cross those that I don't want to enter, there is no point wasting time recording all those entered, if you win something you can use the search function and see if you've ticked it and know that it is genuine win.

And finally (sorry I'm being greedy with my questions) where is best to start in your opnion? The main board, the daily comps? I find that apart from the main board, if I go into any of the threads of daily comps etc I get overwhelmed and feel like I'm missing stuff/getting things wrong.

I enter the main board first, then enter the daily rafflecopter/gleam entries and then I'll enter the mag dailies if I have time, but being Christmas I'm focusing mainly on the advents at the moment.

Again apologies for all the questions, I just want to make sure i get the most from the forum and want to know I'm doing things right.

Feel free to ask away, that's what the forum is here for.

Thank you all and have a great and lucky day.

I hope that answers your questions and I hope that the comping fairy is on your way!
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure